Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh

Go down 
+2
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Empty
PostSubject: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 am

Meltdown - Executioner

Yet another new band playing old-school thrash. These guys fit in well with Municpal Waste, Evile, Merciless Death and the whole crop of new, young thrashers. Check em out...

http://www.myspace.com/meltd
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 am

Cool sounding stuff. Might have to look into picking up THAT album now as well! hahaha

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:12 am

Cool. Added them to my friends list.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 pm

...and now I have their CD. Good stuff. It's cool all these young guys are playing classic thrash.

I just hope they don't all get too derivative of each other. Meltdown, Merciless Death, Fueled By Fire all sound very similar, each having a lot in common with Kill 'Em All and Bonded by Blood.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 7:19 pm

Yeah, for the most part the new thrash crop is a bit similar.

I think EVILE are a bit more melodic and technical, and VIOLATOR do a better job of capturing the early DARK ANGEL/SLAYER vibe.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Looking forward to the new Evile.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:42 pm

These guys are ok. Vocals need work to me though. Need more refining in my opinion. But yeah they are good musically.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:32 am

Lurideath wrote:
These guys are ok. Vocals need work to me though. Need more refining in my opinion. But yeah they are good musically.

Are you talking about Evile or Meltdown?

What do you think of Merciless Death and Fueled by Fire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I agree with Lurideath on Meltdown. Good but the vocals could improve. I love Merciless Death. Fueled By Fire isn't as good as Merciless Death, but a well made album nonetheless. Another new favorite is Violator's Chemical Assault. I just ordered Dekapitator's The Storm Before The Calm. I downloaded that album as well. It may be my favorite out of the bunch, or at least tied with Merciless Death.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:45 am

The vocals have a punk like quality and remind me of those early years of thrash metal. I like 'em.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

BUMP for Lurideath.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Meltdown, one of the bands of the Retro-Thrash movement occuring in the US Smile. So far I'm loving them, getting very accustomed to the first 5 songs so i'll have tolisten to the end of the album more. Gonna try out Evile very soon, listening to the new overkill album right now so as you guys can see my hands are full but, theres so much thrash out and about =D~!!! Fueled by Fire and Merciless Death are my favorites of the retro-thrash group, something about those guys holds sentimental value, let it be because their hispanic and playing thrash or jsut because they were the first of the albums i got playing kick bunghole old school thrash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh   Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meltdown - Old School Thrash from Pittsburgh
Page 1 of 1