Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.

Go down 
+7
TheGreatDuck
80s Metal Lady
ultmetal
choosemetal
Boris2008
Gilbert
krokus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Empty
PostSubject: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 pm

It was very hard to make this video because so many amazing albums came out during this year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Cool video.

I am not familiar with the plasmatics. Aren't these guys punk?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Cool video.

Yes, they started like a punk band but later in 81 they already started to sound a Little more metal and in 1982 a lot more. Later the female Singer WENDY O WILLIAMS published two great metal albums in the mid 80s under the name WOW. Thanks for watching the video.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Nice that you gave Tank a mention, they don't get enough love these days.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

krokus wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Cool video.

Yes, they started like a punk band but later in 81 they already started to sound a Little more metal and in 1982 a lot more. Later the female Singer WENDY O WILLIAMS published two great metal albums in the mid 80s under the name WOW. Thanks for watching the video.

Great. Will make sure to check out these guys.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Great list. Nice to see Tank and Mercyful fate in there.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Good stuff! Enjoy your videos.

Some of my favorites from 1982
Accept - Restless and Wild
Aerosmith - Rock in a Hard Place
Anvil - Metal on Metal
Black Sabbath - Live Evil
Blackfoot - Highway Song Live
Blue Öyster Cult - Extraterrestrial Live
Deep Purple - Live in London
Diamond Head - Borrowed Time
Diamond Head - Four Cuts (EP)
Gary Moore - Corridors of Power
Gillan - Magic
Girlschool - Screaming Blue Murder
Hanoi Rocks - Self Destruction Blues
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Jaguar - Power Games
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Kiss - Creatures of the Night
Krokus - One Vice at a Time
Led Zeppelin - Coda
Loudness - Devil Soldier
Manowar - Battle Hymns
Metal Massacre (first Metal Blade compilation featuring Steeler, Metallica, Cirith Ungol, Malice)
Motörhead - Iron Fist
MSG - One Night At Budakon
MSG - Assault Attack
Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil
Rainbow - Straight Between the Eyes
Raven - Wiped Out
Riot - Riot Live
Riot - Restless Breed
The Rods - To Hot to Stop (EP)
The Rods - Wild Dogs
Samson - Before the Storm
Saxon - The Eagle Has Landed
Scorpions - Blackout
Tank - Power of the Hunter
Tank - Filth Hounds from Hades
Ted Nugent - Nugent
Tytan - Blind Men and Fools
Twisted Sister - Under the Blade
UFO - Mechanix
Van Halen - Diver Down
Venom - Black Metal
Whitesnake - Saints & Sinners
Witchfinder General - Death Penalty
Y&T - Black Tiger

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Cool! More albums to check out! I'm still listening to albums from your 1981 video as well as those added by others in that thread. It is good motivation for working out! I haven't missed a workout in a while, LOL.

Accept's Restless And Wild may be my all-time favorite metal album (Ozzy's Diary is close). Screaming for Vengeance is my favorite Judas Priest album (well, at least from the '80s as Sin After Sin is very close). Creatures is one of my favorite KISS albums. Remember the lame, non-makeup cover with Bruce Kulick?

I've listened to that Tank album. I really like "Heavy Artillery" and "Turn Your Head Around." I used to have Anvil on vinyl. I converted a few songs to mp3 files before it became part of my great culling out of records before a move. "Scenery" sounds so much like "Crazy Train," I'm surprised they got away with it.

I'm not as crazy for Number Of The Beast as a lot of fans are. I prefer the two before it, Powerslave and even Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son. I think there are a few weak tracks on it like "Gangland," "Invaders," and "The Prisoner" save for the cool drumming at the beginning. Still, 1982 was a great year!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Good stuff! Enjoy your videos.

Some of my favorites from 1982
Rainbow - Straight Between the Eyes

That one is a favorite of mine, too! The album cover is hideous, though, LOL.

Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:24 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Cool! More albums to check out! I'm still listening to albums from your 1981 video as well as those added by others in that thread.  It is good motivation for working out! I haven't missed a workout in a while, LOL.

Accept's Restless And Wild may be my all-time favorite metal album (Ozzy's Diary is close). Screaming for Vengeance is my favorite Judas Priest album (well, at least from the '80s as Sin After Sin is very close). Creatures is one of my favorite KISS albums. Remember the lame, non-makeup cover with Bruce Kulick?  

I've listened to that Tank album. I really like "Heavy Artillery" and "Turn Your Head Around." I used to have Anvil on vinyl. I converted a few songs to mp3 files before it became part of my great culling out of records before a move. "Scenery" sounds so much like "Crazy Train," I'm surprised they got away with it.

I'm not as crazy for Number Of The Beast as a lot of fans are. I prefer the two before it, Powerslave and even Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son. I think there are a few weak tracks on it like "Gangland," "Invaders," and "The Prisoner" save for the cool drumming at the beginning. Still, 1982 was a great year!

This might very well be the very first time I see someone calling The Prisoner a weak song.

IMHO, it's one of the best tracks on the album, next to Children of the Damned and Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks for all your words, nice read. Yes, i was thinking about puting that RAINBOW album on my list but i could only pic out 25, its was hard.
TURN YOUR HEAD AROUND is an amazing song. The spanish band IRON CURTAIN covers that song live, in a great way.
Scott, great list but POWER GAMES by JAGUAR came out in 1983. It will be for shore on that list i think, a great album.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 am

Quote :
This might very well be the very first time I see someone calling The Prisoner a weak song.

IMHO, it's one of the best tracks on the album, next to Children of the Damned and Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority. I think it's the chorus I don't care for. The intro is so cool (not the speaking bit, but the drums) that the rest seems weak in comparison to me.  Great bass before the chorus, though.

Last edited by 80s Metal Lady on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

A bit surprised anyone would consider "Coda" in their top of anything!  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:11 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
Cool! More albums to check out! I'm still listening to albums from your 1981 video as well as those added by others in that thread.  It is good motivation for working out! I haven't missed a workout in a while, LOL.

I actually agree 100% with 80s Metal Lady. It's got some great songs but it's nowhere near the complete record that Killers is.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Iron Maiden became a legit band w/that lp!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm

candlemass wrote:

This  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 pm

candlemass wrote:

Definitely! I would never deny that. I just prefer quite a few (at least 5) Maiden albums over that one. But, I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:05 am

Been listening to Panzer and really digging the tracks "Los Grilletes de la Represión" and, especially, "Panzer"!  Wow! That song is catchy as hell!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 am

candlemass wrote:

So Iron Maiden, Killers and Maiden Japan are not legit?  surprised 
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 8:52 am

Never liked the band 'till Bruce came on board.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:10 am

candlemass wrote:
Never liked the band 'till Bruce came on board.

That's a bit different to saying that they were not a legit band
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 am

Not to me!  My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. 56834 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 am

By the way those videos are cool because they push me to buy even more albums.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 am

candlemass wrote:
Not to me!  My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. 56834 

Maybe not. But it is if you understand the English language.  Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Maybe not. But it is if you understand the English language.  Razz 

My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. 647664 

Iron Maiden, Killers and Maiden Japan friggin' RULE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.   My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My top 25 heavy metal albums from 1982. Let me know what you think guys.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next