Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rainbow Singles Box Set

Go down 
+12
ZombieHavoc
journeyman
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
stormspell
Boris2008
Thelemech
Lari
Witchfinder
James B.
16 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Rainbow Singles Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:26 am

Rainbow Singles Box Set Rainbowthesinglesboxset1

CD One

01. Man On The Silver Mountain (7" Edit)
02. Snake Charmer

CD Two

01. Still I'm Sad
02. Temple Of The King

CD Three

01. Man On The Silver Mountain
02. Snake Charmer
03. If You Don't Like Rock 'N' Roll
04. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves

CD Four

01. Starstruck
02. Run With The Wolf

CD Five

01. Kill The King (Live / Edit - "On Stage")
02. Man On The Silver Mountain (Live - "On Stage")
03. Mistreated (Live / 7" Edit - "On Stage")

CD Six

01. Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
02. Sensitive To Light

CD Seven

01. LA Connection (7" Edit)
02. Lady of the Lake

CD Eight

01. Since You Been Gone
02. Bad Girl

CD Nine

01. Since You Been Gone
02. No Time To Lose

CD Ten

01. All Night Long
02. Weiss Heim

CD Eleven

01. I Surrender
02. Vielleicht Das Nächster Zeit (Maybe Next Time)

CD Twelve

01. Difficult To Cure
02. Can't Happen Here (7" Edit)
03. Jealous Lover

CD Thirteen

01. Magic
02. Freedom Fighter

CD Fourteen

01. Can't Happen Here (7" Edit)
02. Jealous Lover

CD Fifteen

01. Stone Cold
02. Rock Fever

CD Sixteen

01. Death Alley Driver
02. Tite Squeeze

CD Seventeen

01. Street Of Dreams
02. Anybody There
03. Power (Live at the Convention Center, San Antonio)

CD Eighteen

01. Can't Let You Go (7" Edit)
02. All Night Long (Live at David's Hall, Cardiff)
03. Stranded (Live at David's Hall, Cardiff)

CD Nineteen

01. Bad Girl
02. Spotlight Kid (Live at Budokan, Tokyo)
03. Man On The Silver Mountain (Live)
Rainbow Singles Box Set Rainbowthesinglesboxset2

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:03 pm

That's a cool set but it's $114!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:01 pm

That is cool but it's way out of my price range (much like that Satriani boxset).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
That's a cool set but it's $114!
and it is just a shelf item to me.

Not very feasible as everyday listening surprised

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah, I'd love to have it, but I could not justify acquiring it.

Which one of you wants to buy it for me as a gift?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:36 pm

This looks like a great set to have - but it is way above what I would pay for it. Maybe if it was half the price.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Amazon U.K have it for £50 but that's a lot for some unwieldy CD's in my book (however great the music). I just find it hard to get excited about CD's.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Damn those cheap-aerse paper-sleeve "sets" with two songs per cd... $114! and then corporate labels wonder why people resort to downloading... doh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:55 pm

stormspell wrote:
Damn those cheap-aerse paper-sleeve "sets" with two songs per cd... $114! and then corporate labels wonder why people resort to downloading... doh!

Yup. 19 discs? Really? That's just absurd.

I got the first 3 Rainbow discs with Ronnie on 'em. That's all the Rainbow I'll ever need. Maybe the live disc someday. Maybe.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Have most of those songs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
stormspell wrote:

I got the first 3 Rainbow discs with Ronnie on 'em. That's all the Rainbow I'll ever need. Maybe the live disc someday. Maybe.

Maybe it's because it was my first Rainbow record but I love Down to Earth.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Nice. The price is rather high.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:19 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Maybe it's because it was my first Rainbow record but I love Down to Earth.

This was my first Rainbow disc...
Rainbow Singles Box Set Rainbowanthology

Disc 1 was all RJD-fronted stuff. Disc 2 was everything else. Over time, it was clear that I never listened to disc 2. Once I got rid of it, I never bothered with any other Rainbow albums. Too poppy for my tastes.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 am

I like all Rainbow eras, but sets like these really seem unnecessary to me.

As mentioned, that's a ridiculous price. And yes, it's 19 discs, but it contains 2 CDs worth of music. Most (or all?) of which you probably have if you might be willing to spend $114 on something Rainbow-related. For that amount of money, someone with 0 Rainbow CDs could likely obtain all or most of Rainbow's full albums.

I thought that KISS singles box set was weird too, unnecessary and for the price, just, why? But even there, I know there are KISS fans (many among us) who want everything with those 4 guys daces plastered on them. I don't know that the Rainbow Army is as die hard? Maybe they are, but are just a bit more quiet about it.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 pm

It's cool I would love to own this but that's to my h so I probably won't!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I like all Rainbow eras, but sets like these really seem unnecessary to me.

As mentioned, that's a ridiculous price. And yes, it's 19 discs, but it contains 2 CDs worth of music. Most (or all?) of which you probably have if you might be willing to spend $114 on something Rainbow-related. For that amount of money, someone with 0 Rainbow CDs could likely obtain all or most of Rainbow's full albums.

I thought that KISS singles box set was weird too, unnecessary and for the price, just, why? But even there, I know there are KISS fans (many among us) who want everything with those 4 guys daces plastered on them. I don't know that the Rainbow Army is as die hard? Maybe they are, but are just a bit more quiet about it.

You're right. The more I think about this the more absurd it seems to me. I could purchase every album new for about the same price, probably less. This is a weird cash-in, perhaps to satisfy contractual obligations or who knows what. It's like an overblown, redundant greatest hits set. And it's not even attractive.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:55 am

Looks like a nice collector's thing, but it's one of those box sets that will never get played.

Would have been a cool 2 or 3 CD set.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Looks like a nice collector's thing, but it's one of those box sets that will never get played.

Would have been a cool 2 or 3 CD set.

This.

To charge a lot and not be vinyl re-issues/re-releases in a box ? I just don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Not worth owning. Although rainbow are one hell of a band.

Btw, I bought down to earth yesterday. A real winner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainbow Singles Box Set   Rainbow Singles Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Singles Box Set
Page 1 of 1