Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio Singles Collection out next Month

Go down 
+6
ShadowAngel
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Dio Singles Collection out next Month Empty
PostSubject: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:43 pm

So check out this latest release from Dio: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177454

Reminds me of the Judas Priest singles collection which was recently released. I will be grabbing this one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Great...more box sets to buy...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Does it include that song about dragons and swords and sorcery? You know the one I'm talking about.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does it include that song about dragons and swords and sorcery? You know the one I'm talking about.

No, but it has the one about magic and dreams and fools...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No, but it has the one about magic and dreams and fools...

Oooo, I love that one. I used to play that one all the time when I was chasing rainbows in the dark.

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:29 pm

The next Dio I plan to purchase is the Audio Fidelity remaster of "The Last In Line" which should be out in October. After the amazing sounding Holy Diver reissue earlier this year, I'm sure it's going to be a good one!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Interesting but not essential in my book. I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 pm

S.D. wrote:
The next Dio I plan to purchase is the Audio Fidelity remaster of "The Last In Line" which should be out in October. After the amazing sounding Holy Diver reissue earlier this year, I'm sure it's going to be a good one!

I am eagerly awaiting this as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm

S.D. wrote:

They're doing that? Thank God. Instant buy. 'Sacred Heart' and 'Lock Up The Wolves' could use some treatment too. I can't really see this singles box doing amazingly well.......kind of an odd release...but I guess there isn't a whole lot of stuff we don't already have.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Also, I already had an import 'Holy Diver' remaster... it was a little odd as it had a bunch of small interviews as bonus tracks, but the sound is gold on it. I haven't seen this newest one you mention from earlier in the year, any way to compare or..?
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Also, I already had an import 'Holy Diver' remaster... it was a little odd as it had a bunch of small interviews as bonus tracks, but the sound is gold on it.

Isn't that the Rock Candy Remaster? That has some Interview stuff as Bonus.

The Box does sound interesting, as a fan i would buy it - though i would prefer some unreleased stuff or more live albums of course.

Last edited by ShadowAngel on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Also, I already had an import 'Holy Diver' remaster... it was a little odd as it had a bunch of small interviews as bonus tracks, but the sound is gold on it. I haven't seen this newest one you mention from earlier in the year, any way to compare or..?

Steve Hoffman did the remaster for Holy Diver here in Los Angeles using pristine "never before used" safety copy source tapes from the vaults. All other reissues have used well worn sources that have degraded significantly through the years from over-use (too many compilations, reissues, etc).

Hoffman does not use any compression or digital limiting on his masters so you get the full dynamic range of the original recording.

I believe there are some copies of the AF Holy Diver available.

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Diver-Dio/dp/B006TJMVUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343678418&sr=8-1&keywords=dio+holy+diver+audio+fidelity
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Steve Hoffman did the remaster for Holy Diver here in Los Angeles using pristine "never before used" safety copy source tapes from the vaults. All other reissues have used well worn sources that have degraded significantly through the years from over-use (too many compilations, reissues, etc).

Hoffman does not use any compression or digital limiting on his masters so you get the full dynamic range of the original recording.

I believe there are some copies of the AF Holy Diver available.

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Diver-Dio/dp/B006TJMVUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343678418&sr=8-1&keywords=dio+holy+diver+audio+fidelity

well, great. my copy is officially useless.. lol! and yeah, I had the Rock Candy one.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm

wow...the audiophile debates on Amazon. Dio Singles Collection out next Month 82702
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
wow...the audiophile debates on Amazon. Dio Singles Collection out next Month 82702

Yea, it can get pretty damn funny sometimes. I don't like "everything" Hoffman does, but more often than not his reissues sound amazing.

I literally heard details on Holy Diver I had never noticed before...and I've been listening to that album since it first came out.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm

S.D. wrote:

I literally heard details on Holy Diver I had never noticed before...and I've been listening to that album since it first came out.

100% agree! That reissue is FANTASTIC!!! Sign me up for The Last In Line!!!!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

The may sound sometime too extreme but really, if you have a soundsystem that goes beyond the Hi-Fi rules, beyond MP3 and a 1000€ barrier, you hear stuff you never noticed before and suddenly a lot of CDs show weaknesses and sound crap (like that horrible CD version of Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On) and in the end: Don't you want to get the best for your money? The best possible sound and not some crap that may sound good over the iPhone Earplugs?

And Holy Diver is a touchy subject as basically none version sounds really awesome. The original Vinyl version had flaws, the CD version was horrible, there are other remasters that are better or worse.

Personally i never understood the "less is more" approach a lot of people have, they are happy that their smartphone can smurf poo out some noise resembling that songe they selected or the 100$ pc speakers with an extreme subwoofer going crazy "yeaaaaah listen to that bass it blows you away" - yeat everything else sounds like smurf poo. And every time i see people with an iPhone using that horrible earplugs that came with it i just cringe....because i used them once and they sounded worse than the earplugs that came with my Creative Zen player (and i replaced them with some 40€ Koss Ear-Clips which sound amazing)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

The may sound sometime too extreme but really, if you have a soundsystem that goes beyond the Hi-Fi rules, beyond MP3 and a 1000€ barrier, you hear stuff you never noticed before and suddenly a lot of CDs show weaknesses and sound crap (like that horrible CD version of Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On) and in the end: Don't you want to get the best for your money? The best possible sound and not some crap that may sound good over the iPhone Earplugs?

And Holy Diver is a touchy subject as basically none version sounds really awesome. The original Vinyl version had flaws, the CD version was horrible, there are other remasters that are better or worse.

Personally i never understood the "less is more" approach a lot of people have, they are happy that their smartphone can smurf poo out some noise resembling that songe they selected or the 100$ pc speakers with an extreme subwoofer going crazy "yeaaaaah listen to that bass it blows you away" - yeat everything else sounds like smurf poo. And every time i see people with an iPhone using that horrible earplugs that came with it i just cringe....because i used them once and they sounded worse than the earplugs that came with my Creative Zen player (and i replaced them with some 40€ Koss Ear-Clips which sound amazing)

The Audio Fidelity Remaster of Holy Diver smashes all other versions into dust. I compared it to the original vinyl, the original cd, the Japanese remaster, and the Rock Candy reissue and all sound inferior compared to it. The next best version was the Japanese remaster and even that does not stack up well to the Audio Fidelity version. It has to be heard to be believed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

I will pass on the singles because I have my eye on the stones cd singles box out there. too much money to get them both...

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm

I am more interested in the "Hear n Aid" reissue.. Anyone heard anything on this?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 pm

If I was made of money I would get superior reissues of every CD I own, but because of budget constraints, I really do not want to buy an album I already have (unless there is some sort of bonus disc/DVD and even then if found used or cheap). As a low income wage earner and a CD addict I just have to be happy with inferior audio albums sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio Singles Collection out next Month   Dio Singles Collection out next Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio Singles Collection out next Month
Page 1 of 1