Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Pete Seeger...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

RIP Pete Seeger... Empty
PostSubject: RIP Pete Seeger...   RIP Pete Seeger... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 pm

In my mind the greatest of the folk singer songwriters. 94 years old. What a legacy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Pete Seeger... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Pete Seeger...   RIP Pete Seeger... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 am

Whoa, that's creepy. Just last night I was watching a show I recorded a few months back on the Smithonian Channel about their folk music archives and Pete was featured, of course, but was also the narrator.

Never a big fan of the genre myself, but the man sure did leave his mark in the history books. Godspeed, Pete.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Pete Seeger... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Pete Seeger...   RIP Pete Seeger... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Cannot deny his influence, not many people could claim they helped influence Bob Dylan, marched with Dr King, angered a sitting President ( LBJ), and helped lead a peaceful protest with a battered acoustic guitar and song
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

RIP Pete Seeger... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Pete Seeger...   RIP Pete Seeger... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh man...what a legacy indeed. He and Phil Ochs are now making great music together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Pete Seeger... Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Pete Seeger...   RIP Pete Seeger... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Pete Seeger...
Page 1 of 1