Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you judge a band by their ballads?

Go down 
+16
80s Metal Lady
Dark Horseman
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
jettafiend
brokentulsa
metalinmyveins
MetalRob331
martinsane
journeyman
Boris2008
jstate
chewie
mc666
Hadley
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Quote :
Ballads had more relevance to me before I married. Being lonely, sentimental, and pensive, love songs had more relevance back then

So true. I think youth had a lot to do with it also. Most of my favorite ballads are instant nostalgia to time and place long ago. Great/profound memories of younger days that those songs served as the soundtrack.

I still get chills from Kix's Don't Close Your Eyes. The keyboard and the solo just hit me every single time. Crazy thing for me is my sentimentality toward the song is completely divorced from the topic it presents. It's not a suicide song to me at all. Even though I did always find it funny that at school dances it was used as a slow dance number.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
Ballads had more relevance to me before I married. Being lonely, sentimental, and pensive, love songs had more relevance back then

So true.  I think youth had a lot to do with it also.  Most of my favorite ballads are instant nostalgia to time and place long ago.  Great/profound memories of younger days that those songs served as the soundtrack.

I still get chills from Kix's Don't Close Your Eyes.  The keyboard and the solo just hit me every single time.  Crazy thing for me is my sentimentality toward the song is completely divorced from the topic it presents.  It's not a suicide song to me at all.  Even though I did always find it funny that at school dances it was used as a slow dance number.

It's a suicide song?? Wow! Goes to show that there were some songs were I didn't even pay attention to the lyrics lol.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm

I got into scorpions because of their excellent ballads. Only then I found out that they are a heavy metal band.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I got into scorpions because of their excellent ballads. Only then I found out that they are a heavy metal band.

Scorpions have done some of the best ballads in all of metal. Some metal bands should have never written ballads, but Scorps are not one of them.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Scorpions have done some of the best ballads in all of metal. Some metal bands should have never written ballads, but Scorps are not one of them.

I hate ballads.... never been a fan.... Strypers ballads make me cringe for the most part.... BUT..... Scorpions are the true exception for me.... Their ballads are beautiful.... contrast that with the meat lyrics of Dynamite or Another Piece of Meat....

Gimme a scorps ballad anytime
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 pm

I forgave Metallica for Nothing Else Matters. Then they recorded Mama Said...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you judge a band by their ballads?   Can you judge a band by their ballads? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you judge a band by their ballads?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2