Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella to release live album

Go down 
+9
Metal Misfit
powermacho
Fat Freddy
Lari
Required Fields
EvyMetal
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
manny
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Cinderella to release live album Empty
PostSubject: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Island/Mercury will release Cinderella's "Authorized Bootleg: Live at the Tokyo Dome-Tokyo, Japan Dec. 31 1990" CD on March 31st.
The track listing for the album is as follows:
1. Intro
2. The More Things Change
3. Push, Push
4. Back Home Again
5. Sick For the Cure
6. Make Your Own Way
7. Somebody Save Me
8. Night Songs
9. One For Rock and Roll
10. Heartbreak Station
11. Coming Home
12. Fallin' Apart At the Seams
13. Love's Got Me Doin Time
14. Don't Know What You Got ('Till It's Gone)
15. Nobody's Fool
16. Gypsy Road
17. Shake Me
18. Shelter Me

Cinderella's U.S. tour with Warrant, Lynch Mob and Lynam — which was supposed to take place in the summer of 2008 — was cancelled after frontman Tom Keifer's left vocal cord hemorrhaged during rehearsal, thereby making it impossible for him to sing in the immediate future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 pm

You "Island/Mercury" to release Cinderella album. Haha. This band sucks! Not musically, personally. What kind of band tours almost every year but hasn't released a studio album 15 years? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Ugh! Another live album? Gimme new music or forget about it, vocal problems or not.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:58 pm

What exactly is the problem? Why don`t they release new material?
I have loved all of their studio albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Olafsto wrote:

Lead singer Tom Keifer has had multiple, on-going throat problems.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:21 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Ok, thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Yeah, Tom blew his voice out a year or two ago. Ruptured his vocal cord or something. But still, it doesn't excuse the fact that this band hasn't put an album out in 15 years, yet has toured nearly all of that time, every Summer or whatever.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I would say they've run out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm

I am not and never was a fan, but I remember reading they were working on a new album in the late 1990s. I guess that just slipped through the cracks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Awesome band. Having said that, I'm not so excited about a live album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:06 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I would say they've run out of ideas.
Can't imagine that's the case. The other guys in the band do other projects, and they're really good. Keifer had something of a solo thing going for a while. I know he was supposed to have recorded a solo album.

I think the problem is simple. Cinderella pays the bills. I'm betting they'd like to do something new, but I don't know how many labels would really support them. So a new album would likely become debt for the band members. So instead they just tour each year, make a little money, and that's it. Meanwhile, labels sell and resell their back catalog so people can repackage their tunes in some lame hits or live album that no one really needs.

Booooo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
What kind of band tours almost every year but hasn't released a studio album 15 years? Pffft!

A band who knows where the money is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Quote :
I remember reading they were working on a new album in the late 1990s. I guess that just slipped through the cracks.

From what I understand, they were supposed to put out a new record around '99 or so. They were signed to John Kalodner's recently-reactivated (at that time) "Portrait Records" label alongside Great White and Ratt. They both released albums (GW's CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE and Ratt's self-titled) but for whatever reason, Cinderella's never surfaced. I did read somewhere that Kalodner didn't like the stuff they demo'd but I don't know how true that is.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
What kind of band tours almost every year but hasn't released a studio album 15 years? Pffft!

That was rhetorical! angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That was rhetorical! angry

I just felt like answering... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:12 am

I haven't give this band a change, and I even have an original album from them since like 2 or 3 years and never played lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gimme new music or forget about it, vocal problems or not.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 pm

I guess all that touring keeps Tom's voice at the edge of agony and defeat.

I know, hire Dean Davidson for a couple tours, allow Tom Keifer
to rest his voice, get back to full strength and record in late 2010, call it
"Long, Quiet, Decade"

Dizzy's Tom voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivU61APGKs0
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Olafsto wrote:

Actually I've read that they have been interested in doing new material for years but they are stuck in contractual hell as far as record companies go.

I love Cinderella, a far more talented band that people give them credit for. Unfortunately when your pre show regimen conisists of gargling rocks, your voice is going to go out on you.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

"Long, Quiet, Decade"

I think you're onto something there. They go out on tour to get their name out there and get their chops back, then Tom blows out his voice on the road and can't record a new album. Then he takes a break, starts to get his voice back and the cycle happens all over again.

Last I head, "Dizzy" Dean Davidson was singing/writing country music. Maybe him and Ronnie Lee Keel should do an album together. That is, of course, after Keel's sold-out stadium reunion tour this summer. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

"Long, Quiet, Decade"

Dizzy's Tom voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivU61APGKs0

Or better yet, get Dizzy to be part of a Britny reunion, you and I both know Britny Fox is the better band of the 2. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:06 pm

They looked silly, but their music was pretty good actually. They should consider releasing new material.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 am

I LOVE Cinderella and have seen them play live twice.
1.LCW 10/10
2.HBS 9.75/10
3.NS 9.5/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:54 am

I saw Cinderella in 2000 and they wiped the stage with the other 3 bands they played with...and they were not even headlining...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I saw Cinderella in 2000 and they wiped the stage with the other 3 bands they played with...and they were not even headlining...

That's probably the last time I saw them live. Was that the tour with Poison? I forget who opened, but I want to say it was Band X?/Cinderella/Dokken/Poison.

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella to release live album   Cinderella to release live album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinderella to release live album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next