Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favourite from my Top 5?

Go down 
+41
metalinmyveins
James B.
Gryphon-kl
Thelemech
exact33
manny
Wurthless
journeyman
Leatherface
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
DakotaRogers
QuothTheRaven
Lari
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
Addy
choosemetal
metalken
scottmitchell74
jettafiend
kmorg
Required Fields
chewie
BearOnUnicycle
Olafsto
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalH
nevermore
ultmetal
MetallicSeminarian
mc666
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
MoonChild
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which is your favourite from these albums?
Piece of Mind ~ Iron Maiden
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_lcap35%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 23 ]
Keeper of Seven Keys II ~ Helloween
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Pyromania ~ Def Leppard
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Ride the Lightning ~ Metallica
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 20 ]
Rust in Peace ~ Megadeth
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 66

AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Piece of Mind is easily one of my favorite Maiden albums. Hell, I even like Quest For Fire.

I suppose I'm a fanboy to the extreme, though. The only Maiden album I don't love is Virtual XI.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

I always found To Tame A Land (and Quest For Fire) to be dull and lifeless but it never really caused me any reason to think less of that album. It is a classic.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
The first half of Piece of Mind is classic, but the second half has some weak tracks like "Still Life" and "Quest For Fire."
Still Life is far from being a weak track. I like the second side of that album. Sun and Steel is great.

"Sun and Steel" always gets lodged in my head for days after hearing it.

Again, all strong (and my favorite is To Tame A Land) on that album, but Quest for Fire is a terrible song.

I even like that one!

Now, for a Dickinson-era song I hate, look no further than "Weekend Warriors" from Fear of the Dark. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE song.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm sort of surprised there's not more love for Helloween in this poll.  That would actually be my second pick from this group.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 pm

"Weekend Warriors" from Fear of the Dark. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE song.

And oddly, I like that song.

don\'t know 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:58 pm

007 wrote:
"Weekend Warriors" from Fear of the Dark. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE song.

And oddly, I like that song.

don\'t know 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:15 pm

'Piece of Mind' but all those albums with the exception of Helloween where all big albums for me at one time or another
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 pm

that was tough but i went with the Keeper 2.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:16 am

Piece of mind, most definitely, they are all classics though.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 am

Piece of Mind or Ride the Lightning would be my choice, depending on my mood at the time/the result of a coin flip.

Rust in Peace is pretty close behind, but I don't have as strong a connection with it as those two.

Pyromania would be fourth, partly for sentimental reasons (first album I bought for myself).

Keeper, though my last choice of these five, is still an album I like a lot.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:20 am

Miaden

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wow Moonie, no AC/DC in the choices????  I'm disappointed.   Sad 

No Toho, despite I consider AC/DC to be favourite band, I like all their works, but when it comes to the top 5 albums, well, they fall short. Even Judas Priest did.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:24 am

It's funny, I think if you polled most die hard Iron Maiden fans, you would find an album like "Piece of Mind" at the top of their lists. I think the reason you see this, is due to the fact that this album often gets overlooked, because it's sandwiched in between the likes of "The Number of the Beast" and "Powerslave". I think it's the die hard Maiden fans way of praising what I feel is a very cerebral album like "Piece", by making sure it remains as relevant as the aforementioned albums. I'm not a die hard Maiden fan, but I am a fan. They've never been "my band", but I think they deserve all the praise in the world. It's surprising that I don't like this album more. I think I need to listen to this today.

I'm going to have to go with "Ride The Lightning" on this one, as it's the album where Cliff shines. Kirk also gets to put his stamp on this album, and we still get a little bit of Dave Mustaine with two penned efforts.

"Pyromania" just barely gets edged out by "Ride The Lightning", as these albums would both be in my top 10 favorite list off all time.

"Rust In Peace" is my second favorite Megadeth album of all time, and would easily be in my top 20 albums of all time.

Ride The Lightning>Pyromania>Rust In Peace>Piece of Mind
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Piece Of Mind - my favorite Maiden album and one of my all time favorite albums. The rest of the list is pretty darn good too
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:18 pm

1. RTL
2. Piece Of Mind
3. Rust In Peace
4.Keeper pt.2
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Piece Of Mind - my favorite Maiden album and one of my all time favorite albums. The rest of the list is pretty darn good too

headbanger Yes!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 am

Ride The Lightning is tied with Master of Reality as my favorite album of all time so this is really easy for me.

The rest of the list, I like other albums better (Killers, Walls of Jericho, Killing is my Business, any album that isn't Def Leppard)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:04 am

Rust In Peace is the sentimental choice for me. But if you asked me today which album would I choose first to give a listen - Ride The Lightning would be it. All five are great IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite from my Top 5?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3