Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favourite from my Top 5?

Go down 
+41
metalinmyveins
James B.
Gryphon-kl
Thelemech
exact33
manny
Wurthless
journeyman
Leatherface
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
DakotaRogers
QuothTheRaven
Lari
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
Addy
choosemetal
metalken
scottmitchell74
jettafiend
kmorg
Required Fields
chewie
BearOnUnicycle
Olafsto
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Shawn Of Fire
MetalH
nevermore
ultmetal
MetallicSeminarian
mc666
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
MoonChild
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is your favourite from these albums?
Piece of Mind ~ Iron Maiden
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 23 ]
Keeper of Seven Keys II ~ Helloween
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Pyromania ~ Def Leppard
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Ride the Lightning ~ Metallica
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 20 ]
Rust in Peace ~ Megadeth
Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 66

AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Rust in Peace
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Now if Powerslave was in here it could've gotten my vote.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Now if Powerslave was in here it could've gotten my vote.

That would've made it easier.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 pm

1. Pyromania
2. Piece of Mind
3. Rust in Peace
4. Keeper II
5. Ride the Lighting
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Ride the Lightning is my favorite of the 5 listed, but they are all great. A ranking might look like:

1. RtL
2. PoM
3. Pyromania
4. RIP
5. 7 Keys
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 pm

I guess I'll try to rank them, but the first three are difficult:

1. Piece of Mind
2. Ride the Lightning
3. Rust in Peace
4. Pyromania
5. Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part II
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Helloween. I love that album. Probably the best thing they ever did.

Rust in Peace and Piece of Mind would be second and third, probably in that order.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Piece of Mind with Ride the Lightning a very close second.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I've always considered "Piece of Mind" as Maiden's weakest, or should I say, least interesting release.  Sleep 

Easily "Rust in Peace," followed by "Ride the Lightning."
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Piece of Mind is my favorite Maiden album so it got my vote.Rust in Peace would be a close second.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:35 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I've always considered "Piece of Mind" as Maiden's weakest, or should I say, least interesting release.  Sleep 

Easily "Rust in Peace," followed by "Ride the Lightning."

It's interesting for me. The trilogy--Beast, Mind, Powerslave--are all almost equals, but Piece of Mind has Quest for Fire, one of the few songs in their catalog that I can't stand. Powerslave is strong throughout, and Beast is only weakened by Gangland but it's still a good song (I don't care what the band or anyone else says, I love Invaders). So Piece of Mind is my least favorite--still a masterpiece, though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:41 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Surely you're joking. Golden era Maiden, weakest? It's an awesome album full of excellent songs, some of them classics. I like Powerslave a tad better, but that's just because Powerslave is a legendary piece of music. There's not many better heavy metal albums out there than Piece of Mind.

Weakest Maiden you might get with No Prayer for the Dying or Virtual XI.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm

R.I.P. followed by Piece of Mind. Good albums all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Lari wrote:

Surely you're joking. Golden era Maiden, weakest?

Well, consider the age of the person posting, he wasn't even born until a decade after Piece Of Mind came out.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Lari wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
Surely you're joking. Golden era Maiden, weakest? It's an awesome album full of excellent songs, some of them classics. I like Powerslave a tad better, but that's just because Powerslave is a legendary piece of music. There's not many better heavy metal albums out there than Piece of Mind.

Weakest Maiden you might get with No Prayer for the Dying or Virtual XI.
I'd say only the first half of it is golden. As with every other classic Maiden, some mediocre songs are present. SIT shines here as it has no.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Lari wrote:

Well, consider the age of the person posting, he wasn't even born until a decade after Piece Of Mind came out.  

OR, the album may not have clicked with me quite like the others did, regardless of when I was born or when I first listened to it.

That does happen on occasion, you know.  Razz 

Last edited by DakotaRogers on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Piece of Mind is not my very favorite Maiden, but I can't consider anything from Number of the Beast-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or from Brave New World-The Final Frontier weak. The first 2 are good, but I'm much more a fan of the Dickinson years. No Prayer is the weakest Dickinson album by far, but I like a lot of it. Aside from a few lackluster tracks, I actually like Fear of the Dark quite a bit. I have the Blaze albums, but never listen to them.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Lari wrote:

OR, the album may not have clicked with me quite like the others did, regardless of when I was born or when I first listened to it.

That does happen on occasion, you know.  Razz 

It happens. You can scan the unorthodox opinions or the "Great albums everybody loves. . .except you" threads to see albums that have affected me thus.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

The first half of Piece of Mind is classic, but the second half has some weak tracks like "Still Life" and "Quest For Fire."

Pyromania is solid as is Ride The Lightning, but I'll go with the former as I prefer Master of Puppets when it comes to Metallica, and "Rock Of Ages" is one of my favorite songs I listened to during my childhood.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Wow Moonie, no AC/DC in the choices????  I'm disappointed.   Sad 

Though it pains me to do it because I consider it "the beginning of the end" for Def Leppard, I guess I have to go with Pyromania.  I'm not a fan of any of the other bands in the poll (and yeah, I know, I'm NOT a "metalhead"; "meathead" maybe, but not a "metalhead")

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Ride the Lighting
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Piece of Mind followed closely by Ride the Lighting and Rust in Peace.
This
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
The first half of Piece of Mind is classic, but the second half has some weak tracks like "Still Life" and "Quest For Fire."
Still Life is far from being a weak track. I like the second side of that album. Sun and Steel is great.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
Still Life is far from being a weak track. I like the second side of that album. Sun and Steel is great.

"Sun and Steel" always gets lodged in my head for days after hearing it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Lari wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

"Sun and Steel" always gets lodged in my head for days after hearing it.

Again, all strong (and my favorite is To Tame A Land) on that album, but Quest for Fire is a terrible song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favourite from my Top 5?   Your Favourite from my Top 5? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite from my Top 5?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next