Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pack is Back?

Go down 
+12
Vexer6
sovdat
Lari
jstate
ultmetal
thejokeriv
manny
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The Pack is Back?
Love it!
The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Hate it!
The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Never heard it!
The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 8 ]
Opinions are like buttholes!
The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Eliminate the horrible cover of "Gimme Some Lovin" and it is listenable
The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Right now the cheapest copy for All For One I can find on Ebay is going for 60 dollars, more then twice as much as i'd be willing to pay for a CD. Until a gets re-issue I guess i'll just have to settle for listening to it on Youtube.

30 dollars was the most I ever paid for a CD,(Venom-The Waste Lands to be precise)
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 am

That's too bad, when I spotted the All For One on CD (NEAT Metal / Spitfire Records, 2000) I grabbed that and stuck with it.

I did buy the Sanctuary Records re-release of Rock Until You Drop in 2002 because of even more bonus tracks, but I didn't feel like spending a lot of money buying EVERY thing , that I already had on NEAT CD's. (They cost me like $25 or $30 back then, and Bathory CD's (Blackmarrk) were almost $40 !).
Guess I should have bought all the re-releases, in order to sell off extra copies these days.

I stopped buying RAVEN'S CD's with getting the first 3 studio and the first live album because that was only what  I seen on the shelves at HMV (around 2000 to 2002). The Break The Chain mini LP tracks and B sides were added as bonus tracks.

I would definitely have bought Stay Hard, and The Pack Is Back, and the MAD mini LP, as I blasted those tapes when released on my boombox back then.

Being more of a loner and not listening much to what metalhead crowds said was cool or poser crap back then, I figured out what I liked and wanted; by listening to every heavy radio show, bought every punk and metal fanzine, all the glossy metal mags like Circus,Hit Parader, Kerrang, etc, plus making blind buys at record/tape stores (new and used) if an album cover/band photo,song titles looked cool and interesting.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:12 am

I went with number4. That cover tune is terrible (of a bad song to begin with) but the rest is fairly decent though not their best stuff.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:29 am

All For One yo-yos in price. I had it on my amazon wishlist forever. It would go down to fifty then spring back up into the hundreds when the cheaper ones would get snatched up. I finally gave up and bought it on vinyl. Then two weeks later the cd turned up on amazon for 25.00 shipped. Ebay does seem like the best bet these days.

While no one should pay collectors prices for it, I will say musically it is worth every penny. IMO one of the best metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm going with the "never heard it option".

I only have their first 3 (which are classics) and their last one. Lotsa gaps in that collection. Although I do have (had?) a comp of their Atlantic years that Spec made-up which probably had a few tunes from that album on there.

On a side note, that's another reason why I don't like downloads. I forget I have them. At least when I'm going through my cd racks, something might catch my eye and make me want to give it a fresh spin.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Right now the cheapest copy for All For One I can find on Ebay is going for 60 dollars, more then twice as much as i'd be willing to pay for a CD.  Until a gets re-issue I guess i'll just have to settle for listening to it on Youtube.

30 dollars was the most I ever paid for a CD,(Venom-The Waste Lands to be precise)

I'm currently winning with a bid of £20 on an original Neat Records copy of the CD but there's 3 days to go and I'll not go higher so I don't expect to win.

I think that I paid £2 for the vinyl!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

It's by far their worst album. But I went with option 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pack is Back?   The Pack is Back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pack is Back?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2