Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Living Sacrifice

Go down 
+17
Vexer6
bassman
jettafiend
exact33
Tur-Thalion
allthingsmetal
Lurideath
mc666
deathisgain
akeldama
metalheaded
nevermore
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
bgsully
Troublezone
corplhicks
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Living Sacrifice Empty
PostSubject: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:57 am

A buddy of mine just posted this. Had no idea it was coming out next month. Brutal!
headbanger headbanger headbanger 

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 am

The last one was good, so I should like this one as well.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:49 am

I'm allways down for some new LS!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

I'll give a listen but it really sounds like stuff they already done which is fine if you love 'core.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Same old metalcore stuff.

The problem with this style of music for me is it tends to be a blur. It's unmemorable. It all blends together with little separating it song for song, yet alone from other artists of the same style. The vocals are one dimensional and only add to the lack of charisma to separate it.

That said, it's nice to hear the return of the guitar solo in this song. The production on the track above sounds outstanding.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:59 pm

I like the new song!! Like Ult said the production is great too. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:06 pm

I only listened to it through my laptop speakers, and it sounded like thrash to me, so I'll have to listen to it properly later tonight. Shoot, I was all excited they were moving slightly back to their roots.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Sounds great to me. I'll be purchasing it when it's released. Living Sacrifice, while metalcore, do have their own sound that sets them apart from all other metalcore bands I've heard. They've retained that signature sound they've had since the early days, as far as certain melodies and structures.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:04 am

metalheaded wrote:
Sounds great to me.  I'll be purchasing it when it's released.  Living Sacrifice, while metalcore, do have their own sound that sets them apart from all other metalcore bands I've heard.  They've retained that signature sound they've had since the early days, as far as certain melodies and structures.
This. LS is my fave Christian band and one of my faves overall. I was stoked when I heard about 'Ghost Thief' a week ago. Rocky Gray is drastically underrated especially his leads, fills, etc. as is Bruce as a singer and guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 am

ultmetal wrote:

The problem with this style of music for me is it tends to be a blur. It's unmemorable. It all blends together with little separating it song for song, yet alone from other artists of the same style. The vocals are one dimensional and only add to the lack of charisma to separate it.

That said, it's nice to hear the return of the guitar solo in this song. The production on the track above sounds outstanding.
The vocals on the 1st Vengeance Rising album are one dimensional too.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:21 am

I'm diggin it. Sometimes the guitar sound/style reminds me of The Showdown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:53 am

ultmetal wrote:

Sorry it is that way for you, but it isn't that way for everyone. This statement of yours could be applied to any form of metal, from someone who dislikes any particular style. Power, Thrash, Gothic, etc.

This sounds as good to me as anything they've released since Reborn.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:02 am

The ONLY LS album that doesn't do much for me is "Conceived In Fire" (yes I even like the tortured Orc vocals on"Nonexistent"), but I thought "The Infinite Order" was exceptional.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Sorry it is that way for you, but it isn't that way for everyone. This statement of yours could be applied to any form of metal, from someone who dislikes any particular style. Power, Thrash, Gothic, etc.

This sounds as good to me as anything they've released since Reborn.
Yup, that's why I said, "the problem with this style of music for me..."

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The vocals on the 1st Vengeance Rising album are one dimensional too.
Not to me they aren't. They are instantly recognizable as Roger Martinez. They are not even the same from song to song, and really there wasn't many vocalists doing that sort of extreme thing in 1987. However, if you are not a fan of that style then I can understand how you could feel that way.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:43 pm

That song is terrible!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm diggin' the new EXTOL. headbanger 

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 pm

I am interested in hearing this whole album. Their last one (the infinite order) was much more "metallic" then the ones prior to it. Really liked it.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Agreed. The Infinite Order was way better than Conceived in Fire. I think the ep they released before it was pretty awesome too though, Death Machine.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
me too. I think it is quite good.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 am

Huh, I may have to check this out. I only have Re-Born and Conceived in Fire (which I happen to like a lot). To me it has that same kind of vibe that you get from Fear Factory's Digimortal, which I also happen to like a lot. i have not heard Infinite at all. Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:27 am

jettafiend wrote:
Huh, I may have to check this out. I only have Re-Born and Conceived in Fire (which I happen to like a lot). To me it has that same kind of vibe that you get from Fear Factory's Digimortal, which I also happen to like a lot. i have not heard Infinite at all. Is it any good?
Yes it is. Top of the line Metalcore. You should also look into 2000's The Hammering Process.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Extol thread is here...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t18690-new-extol-album-officially-in-the-works?highlight=extol

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:42 am

To me, the Infinite Order was the best thing they did since their debut.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
To me, the Infinite Order was the best thing they did since their debut.
That was an amazing album. I have the same feeling for Reborn.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice   New Living Sacrifice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Living Sacrifice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next