Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"

Go down 
+5
nevermore
exact33
adrian
bassman
Stender
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Empty
PostSubject: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Did anyone pick this up when it came out a while back? Im kinda late, but a friend hooked me up with the mp3s recently and I have to say I wasnt as unimpressed as I thought I was going to be. It seems like LS was trying to incorporate some of the more thrashier stuff from their earlier albums and the sound of reborn instead of like conceived in fire and hammering process in my opinion. The albums still fits in with the sound of those later albums, but to me the band sounds more like one of these hybrid bands like Lamb of God now than they did before. Kinda uninspired maybe but no way would I write it off as a total bust.

Anyways, what did people think of this?
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 am

I've been a fan of LS from the beginning, the s/t and Reborn are my favorites from them. The Infinite Order is not bad at all, I see it as an improvement over Conceived in Fire, which was an improvement over The Hammering Process. So I think they're going in the right direction. My only complaint is that the production seems to be a little bit muddy and overly heavy in the low end so it loses some of the impact of the music.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am

My brother is a pretty big Living Sacrifice fan so I heard this one when he got it. I thought it was pretty good; like you said, seems like they're trying to get a little more back to the thrash sound which is always good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:24 am

I didnt really get into it. I didnt hate it but it didnt really do much either.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm

I have it. I thought it was pretty good. It's like you said,somewhat of a cross between earlier LS and Reborn. And not that it's abad thing it just hasn't 100% gelled together yet.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:25 pm

This album was my disappointment for last year I was expecting something better than this for me it is the worst LS album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
This album was my disappointment for last year I was expecting something better than this for me it is the worst LS album

Sorry, the worst LS album is Nonexistent IMO. The music is OK, but the vocals are a complete joke. There is no way he's actually saying anything, he's just going " OOOOOORRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ".
Back to top Go down
Vaalwrath
Metal novice
Metal novice
Vaalwrath

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 pm

bassman wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

Sorry, the worst LS album is Nonexistent IMO. The music is OK, but the vocals are a complete joke. There is no way he's actually saying anything, he's just going " OOOOOORRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ".

And to think, it was the same vocalist from the 1st album, too... it got to be a little more understandable on the 3rd one (Inhabit), but not by much...
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Vaalwrath wrote:
bassman wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

And to think, it was the same vocalist from the 1st album, too... it got to be a little more understandable on the 3rd one (Inhabit), but not by much...

He should have stayed with the thrash style, cause he just didn't have the death growl thing down very good. The music on Inhabit was good, too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:15 am

I have it and it's a big step in the right direction. The production is not the best but it definately has that thrash edge they've been lacking for several years...

I would recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am

bassman wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

I agree. I can't believe anyone allowed those vocals to be in the final mix...
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

They were trying to do something different with the vocals, if I remember correctly. Not that I like the vocals - I hate them. The music is good but the vocals ruined it for me.

The vocals on Inhabit was much better. I had no issue with those vocals, and the music was more technical on that album, still very good to me.

The S/T album just rocks (especially with the awesome remaster that Cliffy just did). I wish they stayed with that direction. That had some good promise.

The Trauma team produced the S/T and Inhabit FYI.

Reborn was a great comeback album. I had so many people who had no idea who Living Sacrifice were telling me that they really liked the sound on that album. That album is totally awesome.

I have yet to finish The Infinite Order. Definitely better in terms of memorable songs on the album. The first track is killer IMO. Like everyone said the mix could've been better.

I actually enjoyed the three new tracks + Enthroned '98 on In Memoriam. The 2 song Death Machine digital album was very good IMO.

I still buy their albums when a new one comes out.

Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Ive been jamming this again lately, I dunno why I wasnt as into it before but this is a killer album. Things kinda drag at times towards the end but the first 5 or 6 tracks rule ultra hard. I love unfit to live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"   Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living sacrifice "The Infinite Order"
Page 1 of 1