Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
jstate
Spiner202
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Empty
PostSubject: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:53 am

I'm looking for the clear CD jewel cases (not the slim ones, or the ones with the black backing). The black ones don't show the backing behind the CD, and they also don't show anything on the front of where the spine is. I figure these have to be sold somewhere since they're used for new CDs, but I can't find them anywhere.

I tried Walmart and Best Buy. I checked out websites of office/computer supplies stores: Staples, Canada Computers, and Tiger Direct, and none of them seem to have what I'm looking for.

I'm hesitant to order online anywhere because I don't want to end up with the wrong thing. Also, I'm in Canada, but feel free to suggest American places as well, as I'm usually there often.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:17 am

I've found them at Big Lots.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 am

Do they have Radio Shack stores in Canada? I've bought them there in the past.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Do they have Radio Shack stores in Canada? I've bought them there in the past.
We have The Source, which used to be Radio Shack. I checked online and can't find anything, but my brother is going to ask one of his friends who has had CDs pressed about it.

It is really surprising, because bands get their CDs printed in these all the time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Usually my local record stores will sell used ones, .50 a pop. You have to look through them, since some can be broken or scuffed bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:00 pm

The CD Warehouse (where I buy alot of my used stuff) sells them at the checkout counter (I think new) but I'm not sure at what price because I have a bunch of empty ones laying around for when I need them and have never bought any.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Amazon
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Also try Craigslist for free and/or cheap cases.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Frys
Big Lots
Ebay
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:08 pm

I will have several hundred clear cases available very soon once I convert to jewelsleeves.

I'm happy to sell them for a very nominal value - just as long as you cover the postage.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:04 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I will have several hundred clear cases available very soon once I convert to jewelsleeves.

I'm happy to sell them for a very nominal value - just as long as you cover the postage.
That would be awesome. Send me a message when you are ready/know how much shipping would be.

I'll keep on the lookout in the meantime though. I called around to some thrift stores but had no luck. I'm going to try and find some used CD stores to see if they have extras.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

let me know as well!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

That would be awesome. Send me a message when you are ready/know how much shipping would be.

I'll keep on the lookout in the meantime though. I called around to some thrift stores but had no luck. I'm going to try and find some used CD stores to see if they have extras.
Here's a couple from Amazon Canada:

http://www.amazon.ca/10-4mm-Jewel-Single-Black-50Pcs/dp/B004ODOYM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381680168&sr=8-1&keywords=cd+jewel+cases

http://www.amazon.ca/10-4mm-Jewel-Single-Super-package/dp/B004ODP1FI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381680168&sr=8-2&keywords=cd+jewel+cases

Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

http://www.amazon.ca/10-4mm-Jewel-Single-Black-50Pcs/dp/B004ODOYM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381680168&sr=8-1&keywords=cd+jewel+cases

http://www.amazon.ca/10-4mm-Jewel-Single-Super-package/dp/B004ODP1FI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381680168&sr=8-2&keywords=cd+jewel+cases

Thanks for the link! The second ones are the ones that I'm looking for, and I actually live near the pickup address, so that'd save me some money as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Thanks for the link! The second ones are the ones that I'm looking for, and I actually live near the pickup address, so that'd save me some money as well.
Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?   Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Buy Clear CD Jewel Cases?
Page 1 of 1