Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
Smindas
mc666
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Empty
PostSubject: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Are we taking nonsense to a new level ?

Quote :
This is a list of songs purportedly deemed inappropriate by Clear Channel following the September 11, 2001 attacks. In the days following the attacks, many television and radio stations altered normal programming in response to the events. During this period, the rumor spread that Clear Channel Communications and its subsidiaries had established a list of "songs with questionable lyrics" that stations may not want to play after the attacks. This list was distributed by the independent newsletter Hits Daily Double, which is not affiliated with Clear Channel.

Snopes did research on the subject and concluded that the list did exist as a suggestion for radio stations but noted that it was not an outright ban on the songs in question.
The list contains 166 songs, including "all songs" by Rage Against the Machine and songs done by multiple artists (for example "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan and the same song by Guns N' Roses). Interestingly, the cover of "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm is on the list despite the fact that the original version, sung by Michael Jackson, is not.
The songs are listed alphabetically by artist. The compiled list was the subject of much media attention around the time of its release as reported by The Northern Territory News days after the attacks.

Songlist

(includes Dio - Holy Diver)

other notable entries are :

AC/DC – "Safe in New York City"
Barenaked Ladies – "Falling for the First Time"
Phil Collins – "In the Air Tonight"
Foo Fighters – "Learn to Fly"
KoЯn – "Falling Away from Me"
Lenny Kravitz – "Fly Away"
Local H – "Bound for the Floor"
John Mellencamp – "Crumbling Down"
Tom Petty – "Free Fallin'"

I mean are they just banning songs that resemble flying, dying etc ????
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:04 pm

In the Air Tonight?

I never knew the attacks took place in the evening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:11 pm

The initial list that came out after 9-11 had over 1,000 songs and included things like Burn Baby Burn (it was offensive because it talked about burning and infernos).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:57 pm

Yeah, not sure if the list has changed, but it's still retarded.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:30 pm

i wouldn't listen to radio or watch mtv anyway. so they can play or not play whatever they want.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 pm

That's the epitome of ott.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
i wouldn't listen to radio or watch mtv anyway. so they can play or not play whatever they want.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:31 am

thrasher73 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Exactly

Ditto
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

DallasBlack wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Exactly

Ditto

Same here. But the list was bogus anyway...

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/radio.htm
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 4:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Exactly

Ditto

Same here. But the list was bogus anyway...

[url=http://www.snopes.com/rumors/radio.htm
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/radio.htm[/quote[/url]]

I thought that was the case. Good job on pulling that up !
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah, radio and MTV are for the most part not a part of my life anyhow....so "whatever"......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel   Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inappropriate Songs by Clear Channel
Page 1 of 1