Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics

Go down 
+2
QuothTheRaven
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:43 pm

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/songs.html

The List includes Metal Songs, a few I didnt' know were questionable. Interesting,isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

I saw that too. Total bullcrap. I mean, Dread and the fugitive mind I can sort of understand, but why is sweating bullets on there? Holy diver's inclusion just makes no sense. Also, KILLER QUEEN???!! Why the F@#$ is killer queen on there? But I can kind of understand why they put Rage against the machine on there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm

What's wrong with Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner"? Is it about drugs or something; I really have no idea.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:32 pm

"War Pigs?" It's an anti-war song! So is U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday." Now I know why I don't like clear channel! The only thing worth listening to is "Bob and Tom!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:33 am

So... What does this mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 am

the sentinel wrote:
What's wrong with Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner"? Is it about drugs or something; I really have no idea.

Lyrics:
Touchin' down in New England town
Feel the heat comin' down
I've got to keep on keepin' on
You know the big wheel keeps on spinnin' around
And I'm goin' with some hesitation
You know that I can surely see
That I don't want to get caught up in any of that
Funky sh*t goin' down in the city

That would be the only Lyric questionable. The Single doesn't have that word,it's replaced with
"Kicks".
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am

Quote :
Black Sabbath "Suicide Solution"

That made me laugh. lol!

This list reads like a hoax to me. Dust in the Wind? Morning Has Broken? I've seen Morning Has Broken in church hymnals......
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:32 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Quote :
Black Sabbath "Suicide Solution"

That made me laugh. lol!

This list reads like a hoax to me. Dust in the Wind? Morning Has Broken? I've seen Morning Has Broken in church hymnals......

Our pastor quoted Dust In The Wind in one of his surmons.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 am

Left over 9/11 hysteria.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 pm

2GunBlade wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Lyrics:
Touchin' down in New England town
Feel the heat comin' down
I've got to keep on keepin' on
You know the big wheel keeps on spinnin' around
And I'm goin' with some hesitation
You know that I can surely see
That I don't want to get caught up in any of that
Funky sh*t goin' down in the city

That would be the only Lyric questionable. The Single doesn't have that word,it's replaced with
"Kicks".

Thanks, man. I never knew that. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

manny wrote:
Left over 9/11 hysteria.

Yep. It wasn't the word sh!t on "Jet Airliner" but it's because of the the "big ol' jet airliners" that crashed into the WTC. I love political correctness.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Clear Channel and their restrictive playlist have done just as much damage in destroying the music industry as downloading has, plus their " questionable lyrics" list shows how clueless these bean counters are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Ah, I forgot about the 9/11 thing. Why is it, the Victims get the make over and not the perpretrators?(sp) One Rotten Apple effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics   Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear Channels Lists Questionable Lyrics
Page 1 of 1