Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitars!!

Go down 
+14
bassman
jettafiend
Leatherface
mc666
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
adrian
chewie
Troublezone
Locky
thejokeriv
corplhicks
akeldama
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Guitars!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:19 am

We have several guitar instruments in our house but none of them, save for the strumstick, actually belong to me. My mom owns the others but ever since she got this nice-looking Ibanez acoustic, the other two have been neglected. One we've had forever and the other needs a minor fix, but is the better sounding of the two. I like playing guitar because it's one of the few instruments that I find engaging regardless of whether its considered 'typical' to play it. It has the right sound, flexibility and texture to it that suits me. That being said, as I've only begun to study it relatively recently, I don't have a favorite brand as long as it's not a cheap one. I tend to prefer the more conservative looking, rounded guitars. Also, despite being a fan of traditional heavy metal, I actually prefer the acoustic sound more than electric in the long run, like in folk music or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Guitars!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Lets see, I have a 1990 Fender JP-90, a Yamaha 4 string fretless, a Schecter 5-string, a short scale 1991 Hamer 12 string, a home made Yamaha hybrid 8 string bass & a Ibanez pawn shop special SG guitar. I recently got a Roland electric drum kit which I love!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Guitars!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 am

My current mainstay is a Charvel San Dimas SD1-2H, white. It was one of the display models from the Charvel booth. I wasn't in the market for a floating bridge, but I tried it out and the neck felt just like the original ones from the early eighties. Always a big fan of the original San Dimas necks and once I played it I had to have it despite it's configuration. I plan to block the Floyd, but other than that, it's a great guitar. I will get the Charvel Carbonized Guthrie Goven model once it is available, which is the exact configuration I would choose if building one.

I have several guitars on the want list. Some for playing and others for collecting. I've always been a obsessed guitar fanatic who plans vacations around my searches. In recent times, I've learned to settle with merely going to guitar shows.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Guitars!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:27 am

I was thinking about getting a dean Baby Z ...I seen Nancy Wilson playing one on and old 80s video and noticed Sammy Hagar had one also on the VOA album.. On ebay and at guitar center these guitars are dirt cheap...  Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guitars!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitars!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2