Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......

Go down 
+4
kmorg
Metallic Blaze
SlaytanicPOWER
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Empty
PostSubject: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm

....And this is basically the result.

......Well, I can't really add anything else to that.

Although one probably shouldn't dismiss this outright. The music was supposably made by veteran members of Dio an Sonata Arctica.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

I think its cool, kids need something to rock to (that actually rocks).

For instance, I had the 80's Power Rangers Theme (which is awesomely metal), and various movies which threw in a slew of them (Last Action Hero, Mortal Kombat, etc)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 am

Haha that's pretty cool. My son is gonna love this!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:36 am

Finland, Finland, Finland....... so close to Russia, so far away from Japan.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Wonder how much they paid Gene and Paul for that hook in the chorus! "Heaven's On Fire" anyone?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 am

Hahahahaha, that is INSANE!! It's like someone took Lordi, the Wiggles and the Banana Splits and threw 'em into a blender!!!

Google turned up a (translated from Finnish) press release about 'em, I found the following bit rather interesting:

Quote :
Among several finnish children's metal and hard rock bands, Hevisaurus is the first one to release an album consisting mostly of original music.

"Several" Finnish children's metal and hard rock bands? You mean, there's MORE bands like this over there?? Lucky Finnish kids. When I was little, all we had were the Archies and the two hippie chicks from "The Magic Garden."

So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Magic_Garden

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

Quote :
the two hippie chicks from "The Magic Garden."

How much time do you think they spent exploring each other's "magic garden" So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
the two hippie chicks from "The Magic Garden."

How much time do you think they spent exploring each other's "magic garden" So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_razz

So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... 201269 Dunno, but they did a parody of this show on "Robot Chicken" a while back where the girls opened the "Story Box" and it melted them (ala "Raiders of the Lost Ark") because they were lesbians So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm

THAT ROCKS!!! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Quote :
So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... 201269 Dunno, but they did a parody of this show on "Robot Chicken" a while back where the girls opened the "Story Box" and it melted them (ala "Raiders of the Lost Ark") because they were lesbians So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... 201269

I remember that episode of Robot Chicken, but I didn't know that it was a parody of a particular show. That's hilarious.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I remember that episode of Robot Chicken, but I didn't know that it was a parody of a particular show. That's hilarious.

I'd bet that particular sketch was probably lost on anyone who didn't grow up in the New York/New Jersey area in the 70s. "Magic Garden" was a "local" kids' show, made by Channel 11 (WPIX-TV) in New York. It was sorta the last gasp of the days when local stations actually produced their own programs instead of carrying syndicated pre-packaged stuff from other sources.

The two gals who starred in the show still perform together at folk music festivals and coffeehouses around here once in a while, I saw an ad in the paper for one of their gigs not long ago. It's kinda cool that they're still getting mileage out of that show all these years later.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Quote :
I'd bet that particular sketch was probably lost on anyone who didn't grow up in the New York/New Jersey area in the 70s. "Magic Garden" was a "local" kids' show, made by Channel 11 (WPIX-TV) in New York. It was sorta the last gasp of the days when local stations actually produced their own programs instead of carrying syndicated pre-packaged stuff from other sources.

Yea, that'd be my guess. We had those same types of shows down im my area too. Captain Noah, Chief Halftown, etc.

Those gals should be proud. They've inspired a whole generation of Lilith Fair performers and attendees.

Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:14 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Wonder how much they paid Gene and Paul for that hook in the chorus! "Heaven's On Fire" anyone?

You gotta admit. It IS pretty catchy.

Dammit, why can't America be this accepting of metal?! So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:04 am

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

You gotta admit. It IS pretty catchy.

Dammit, why can't America be this accepting of metal?! So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_cry

Because mainstream America thinks "American Idol" is actually based on talent and buys everything that MTV tells them is good music. Don't get me started! So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... 308838
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Hevisaurus does a power ballad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......   So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Barney & Friends picked up some guitars......
Page 1 of 1