Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitars!!

Go down 
+14
bassman
jettafiend
Leatherface
mc666
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
adrian
chewie
Troublezone
Locky
thejokeriv
corplhicks
akeldama
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 pm

What do you play? What have you played? What is your fav brand, why? What is the best guitar you ever played? What is your dream guitar?

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:19 pm

I have 14 (a few are copy cats I got when I was younger and poorer) but my top 4 are:

Fender Strat Lefty with A DiMarzio Fast Track II in the bridge Fender Lace Sensor Red in the middle and Fender Lace Sensor Gold in the neck.

Schecter Damien Elite 8

Steinberger Synapse

Agile 8 Neck-thru
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

I play my kid's goddamn plastic shit since I'm having to run off and save the f*cking world from 9 to 5 every day. I bet the IRS is happy some other lucky bitch is dicking around with my $5000 worth of gear so they could get paid. At least I don't have to hear my woman's bitchin' every time I want to learn the Wait solo. What a wonderful thing, raising a family.

I'm totally joking; I love my fam. I play a Fender Highway 1 Tele, a Squire Strat, a Taylor 414-CE, and a Takamine Santa Fe.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Custom made Strat (HSS pickups), made by a local guy near me (Larry Burns) - plays and sounds great. I also have 2 that I built myself (Strat clones - 1 HSS Tobacco Sunburst, Maple fretboard and 1 w/ Hot Rails clones, Ebony fret board)

Don't have a dream guitar yet, but I generally like Strats. Not at all a fan of Tele's - wouldn't be caught dead buying one! Played them before and absolutely HATED the feel.
Back to top Go down
Locky
Metal novice
Metal novice
Locky

Number of posts : 46

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I have 5 electrics, here they are.

These 4 are working and have had complete electric makeovers with pod changes. The bottom one only arrived today and will get worked on over the next month or two, I may respray it white or yellow, not sure, probably white.

As you can see, I love the BC Rich Ironbird. They are 3 different models.  

Guitars!! Jacksn10

Guitars!! Jackso10

Guitars!! Black10

This is the guitar below before the damage was repaired and sprayed Red.

Guitars!! Red_110

Guitars!! Red_210

Guitars!! Red_310

Final result :

Guitars!! Red10

And the newest member of the family,

Guitars!! Black_10
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 pm

I currently have a Jackson SLSMG soloist in a blue/purple/green finish. I've had it since 2006 and it's a good guitar. The best i've had so far...

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm not sure I have a favorite brand but I like Jackson and Charvel guitars a lot.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I have one electric and if you can find any info on it you are lucky!
It's still stock. My parents bought it for me in 1983(?).

Gibson Challenger
Around $300
single humbucker pickup at bridge
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

The real standout among my small collection of guitars is a Ritchie Blackmore Strat. I absolutely love it and rarely play on anything else
Back to top Go down

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:21 pm

I've owned the same electric guitar for the past 16 years, a 1979 Gibson Explorer E2. The previous owner rewired the guitar with active EMG pickups.

I'm probably going to sell it in the near future, it's not really the sound I'm looking for anymore...and it weighs a damn ton, it's like playing with a railroad tie hung around your neck. Razz 

I'm considering a PRS as a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Here's the small collection..

Guitars!! 227535_1944185357766_7529924_n

Ibanez Iceman IC400 in black (customized), the Ibanez acoustic-electric I don't remember the exact model number but it has 21 frets, pacific blueburst and a nice big sound, and the third one is an IC300 in factory white which is the rarest finish of that particular Iceman, the white ones were dealer exclusive and never mass produced. You can see some custom additions to that one too in the form of a Dimebucker in the bridge and sweet knobs.

The black one is Midnight Thunder and that's the one I'm gonna talk about, here's one of many examples of it in action:

Guitars!! 284876_10150250964937811_2453565_n

and for a closer look:

Guitars!! 734973_4647867508130_1904984902_n

Midnight Thunder has a DiMarzio D-Activator in the bridge and a Duncan Phat Cat in the neck (which is an actual P-90 fitted for a humbucker cut), the mirror pieces are custom cut and fitted on there myself, and of course..sweet knobs.

I've never been a Strat kind of player and I always thought of the Iceman as kind of this mutant Les Paul. It's my favorite style and shape, it fits me, it balances perfectly, and the selector is up at the top where it should be. The IC400's have the set-neck design which I vastly prefer to the IC300's (bolt-on) and some of the others - a guitar should be a single piece of wood. It's got a giant heel on the headstock which is gnarly looking and obviously the classic Iceman look with three tuners per side (with the new ones, they are messing with the formula again like in 1980 and putting them all on one side..). IC400 is a mahogany body, but there is something about this guitar which just puts out a sound that no other guitar does. Go over to the Skyliner thread in conversation piece or to our site and you can check out the Soundcloud link to hear it. I play through a Triple Rectifier but the very individual quality of how this guitar sounds comes through no matter what you put on it and that's such a major contributor to the tone. I know the idea is that if a player puts on any guitar, it'll still sound like that player, and that's true, but I feel like I'm kind of fused to this guitar.

A lot of guitars I really dislike. There's only a handful that I'd want to own - Icemans, Gibson Firebirds, Fender Jazzmasters, probably an Ibanez Destroyer or 70's Gibson V for good measure. Obviously this is my favorite guitar.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Shawn, that's a nice Explorer you have and I'm not a Gibson guy but I DO WANT a Firebird Reverse but being a lefty who plays upside down it makes I even harder to find one. In a perfect world I'd find a lefty w/a nut off of a righty or at last play right-handed...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:23 am

Nice Mesa stack, Jake. headbanger 

I'm very proud of my tele...it's been modified a dozen ways that I won't go into detail about here...but joker's right; it's an ill-fitted guitar for many applications. For jazz, punk, and straight-up rock it's awesome (love playing Petty tunes on it), but for hard rock and metal it's too loose and punchy. Lot's of midrange from that bridge p/u, and noisy to boot on high gain. But I bought it months before getting married because I was going to pursue my dream as a rock artist, so I purchase a tweed Fender Blues Combo amp for the clubs. See, I'm songwriter who draws from influences such as Petty, Dylan, Young, and REM, but my listening pref is metal. Thus my band was more just raw rock n' roll with messy solos and...well, you get it.

Now, when I was younger, I had a beautiful, majestic guitar that I swear to God is greater than anything anyone here has (yes Jake, even the Iceman, which is badass by the way): a Jackson Dinky Reverse with ash body and Seymour Duncan hummers. See, this was my lover for the longest time. I played the piss out of that guitar--her name was Shelilah--even displacing a fretwire at one point. Now she's missing (long story) and I hope to God I can one day find her. The body was unique, I can't seem to find any photos at all of it, but it was a matte finish black body with grooves running from the neck to the bottom. Shark fin markers, locking nut, locking machine heads, strap lock system, two phase pots, you name it. She was my pride and joy, 1995-2005.

That's my story. Smile
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:24 am

I am a traditionalist and I have a custom shop Fender Stratocaster. I love it. I also have an old charvel san dimas. In the past I have had a fender lead 1 and a fender telecaster. Today its pretty much my strat through run through a chorus and a delay into a Marshall on one side and a fender on the other.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I am a traditionalist and I have a custom shop Fender Stratocaster. I love it. I also have an old charvel san dimas. In the past I have had a fender lead 1 and a fender telecaster. Today its pretty much my strat through run through a chorus and a delay into a Marshall on one side and a fender on the other.
What's your take on the tele? I'm suddenly interested in other people's opinions on this.

Forgot to mention I saved up one hot 1998 summer to buy a Boss GT-3. That was the coolest piece of shit a kid could have. Now though I would go mostly analog pedals, and not very many.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:04 am

I have a BC Rich Ironbird Pro. Haven't picked it up in years though.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:38 am

Fender Squire and a Epiphone. Use to have a BC Rich Bich at one time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:22 am

Quote :
What's your take on the tele? I'm suddenly interested in other people's opinions on this.

Forgot to mention I saved up one hot 1998 summer to buy a Boss GT-3. That was the coolest piece of shit a kid could have. Now though I would go mostly analog pedals, and not very many.

I liked it ok.The body shape is pretty cool and my new strat has a neck more like a tele with a strat headstock.The sound was kinda twangy at times. I had a standard telecaster with factory pickups. It was great for jamming blues and some rock like aerosmith or something like that. If I were to buy another tele (which has crossed my mind lately) I would probably buy a thinline tele and load it with paf style humbuckers. As for my pedals my chorus is pretty new and digital but my delay is 100% analog and older than dirt. I also have a DOD fx70 metal x. Best distortion pedal I ever heard. It is based on mesa's instead of marshalls. Even with my strat I can get the sound that sykes used on the whitesnake albums all the way to Godsmack's sound.  My marshall amp is way more blusey sounding...more of a cranked 70s sound. My fender can go from super clean to dimebag shred. I could never get that from the tele I had though. Just not tough enough pickups.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:33 am

I like glossy Telecasters full of P-90s but I would rather play an Ibanez Talman:

Guitars!! 320180405094-1

Has a really similar feel to me but better. It doesn't look like it but it plays and sounds quite similar.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I have a 1984 Peavy Patriot 4-string bass and I am rebuilding a Fender P-Bass that I bought new pots, wiring, pick-guard and Seymour-Duncan Quarter-Pounds cuz, while I am not a huge Roger Waters fan, I love the sound of his bass.

My dream guitar is a Neck-thru 5-string Peavy Grind.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Here's my list...

Basses
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Carvin LB20 4-string bass
Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz bass

Guitars
Dean Vendetta
ESP M-107 7-string
Peavey HB Special
Sonata acoustic-electric

Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Guitars!! 2013-014Guitars!! 39219410Guitars!! 30232110Guitars!! 29960910
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:46 pm

I've owned soooo many guitars but was forced to sell for financial reasons Sad Right now I have a CORT that was $99 and a Fender Squire that my GF bought me for xmas last year.

I'm a huge Ibanez guy and have owned countless models and makes. My fav being the RG Series bcuz IMO you can't find a more versatile guitar for around $400. I love Thin tones and fast action and I get that with the Ibanez.

Dream Guitar? That's easy...

Guitars!! Tremon10
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't have a favourite brand, i just know that i dislike Les Pauls Laughing 

Have:
Music Man Luke
Ibanez JEM555WH
Fender Stratocaster American RW05
Line6 Variax 700

Used to have some cheap Yamaha Strat copy and a Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads 03
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:20 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
I don't have a favourite brand, i just know that i dislike Les Pauls Laughing 

Have:
Music Man Luke
Ibanez JEM555WH
Fender Stratocaster American RW05
Line6 Variax 700

Used to have some cheap Yamaha Strat copy and a Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads 03
I enjoy listening to a Les Paul but abhor playing it. It is far too heavy and the scale length is infuriating. Scale-play is not an option for me on an LP. But they sound gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guitars!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitars!!   Guitars!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitars!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next