Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City

Go down 
+10
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Required Fields
Thelemech
thejokeriv
bgsully
Orion Crystal Ice
MoonChild
MetalRob331
bass63
14 posters
AuthorMessage
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 pm

On Saturday September 7th I have the fun of getting to watch both Iron Maiden & Megadeth destroy Kansas City. I was celebrating my 50th birthday. Plus it's been almost 18 months since I had a major stroke that left me paralized on my right side. I'm getting better & am not allowing the stroke to slow me down. It tries..I don't let it. 
This was my first concert ever in Kansas City. The crowd was amazing. People singing along to the songs,head banging & just having a great time. Without a doubt the most energized crowd I've been a part of. This made the show. The crowd knew this was a special occasion & they let both bands know it.
I've never seen an opening band with the amount of lighting & their own screens onstage that Megadeth had. They kicked total ass & played for 50 minutes. I've never seen these guys before & they were truely Maiden's "Special Guest" It was nice to see the opening act treated so well by the headliner. 
This was my 3rd time to see Iron Maiden & without a doubt the best. My son told me after the show that "Maiden on their worst night is better than anything I've seen before" Smart words coming from a 22 year old young man. The show was just unreal. The band had great energy & was definatly feeding off the energy of the crowd. Say what you. I love this version of the band. 3 guitars kicks major ass. The fact that they threw in Fear Of The Dark made it so I can die a happy man now. I finally got to hear that song live. The stage changed for each song. Lot's of cool back drops. You also got loads of pyro. This was a stage show to end all stage shows. The band played for 100 minutes. Great show, great times.

1. Moonchild 

2. Can I Play with Madness 

3. The Prisoner 

4. 2 Minutes to Midnight 

5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers 

6. The Trooper 

7. The Number of the Beast 

8. Phantom of the Opera 

9. Run to the Hills 

10. Wasted Years 

11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 

12. The Clairvoyant 

13. Fear of the Dark 

14. Iron Maiden 

15. Encore:

16. Churchill's Speech  

17. Aces High 

18. The Evil That Men Do 

19. Running Free 

Iron Maiden indeed destroyed Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Glad to hear you had an amazing time and I commend you for not allowing your stroke to get you down. It always amazes me how much music can just make everything go away. Then the song ends and all the problems are back HAHAH!!

Stay well my friend...
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Killer set list and opening show with Moon Child wow! And look at that Encore!
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 pm

The staff of the Sprint Center were very very nice to me. And my fellow Iron Maiden fans were very cool to as well. I'm getting better but I need some help. Every one gave me the help I needed. Not just as Maiden fans or staff workers, but as fellow human beings.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Moonchild AND Phantom

And they're not coming anywhere near here...

Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City 1234931504682
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:26 pm

I was there! ....and yes...it was AWESOME! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

bgsully wrote:
I was there! ....and yes...it was AWESOME! headbanger 
Indeed. Best concert that I've ever been to.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City 1000007_10151931002418968_1180440798_n

Iron Maiden during The Trooper
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Awesome review! Really looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow - great set list. Seventh Son sounds amazing with 4 Guitarists live
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Sounds like an awesome time, and what a set list! Iron Maiden are on my bucket list of bands to see, I always hear good things about their performances.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Glad to know you had a great time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Kick ass!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Saw them last week in Raleigh. Best concert I've ever been to. EVER.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:29 am

Glad to hear a good review of the Kansas City show, a guy on another board I posted at said the sound was so bad that he left after a few songs.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Awesome review! Really looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow - great set list. Seventh Son sounds amazing with 4 Guitarists live
Four? Are you counting Steve's bass or have they added yet another guitarist?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 am

You have to count Steve.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 am

Glad to hear you had a great time and that you're making the best of your current situation. Happy belated B-day!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Four? Are you counting Steve's bass or have they added yet another guitarist?
Woops - hit the wrong key! LOL!
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Glad to hear a good review of the Kansas City show, a guy on another board I posted at said the sound was so bad that he left after a few songs.  

He needs to clean the crap out of his ears...
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm

bass63 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

He needs to clean the crap out of his ears...

Indeed. lol!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:58 am

Good review. Sounds like it was a great show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City   Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Destroys Kansas City
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: