Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD

Go down 
+16
MetalRob331
mr.electric39
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Coram Deo
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Eyesore
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I wanna hear Baz in the studio, not live...
These days he sounds pretty bad on record, too.
Well luckily for all of us, we have those classic Skid Row albums to pull out headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 am

Kicking and Screaming is a pretty cool album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 pm

It is, I like it more then I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm surprised any of these guys have any voice left. Even with proper warm-up and technique all those years of that style have to shred those chords badly.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I wanna hear Baz in the studio, not live...
These days he sounds pretty bad on record, too.
I've liked his two recent solo albums quite a bit.

I'm okay with people's voices degenerating over time. It happens. Sometimes they can still put it to use and, while they may not be able to wail like it was '88, can still do a good record. Bas is one of those guys, to me. He may use different unnatural techniques or whatever, but so far I have enjoyed the end product.

Some times I don't care for the end product. I don't care for Dokken any more, his voice just doesn't work when he can't wail. I saw them a few years ago...went for Pretty Boy Floyd, who were opening. I stayed for about 3 Dokken songs, long enough to hear "Dream Warriors", then headed out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't dislike his recent solo stuff, but his voice is just very nasally these days and it gets on my nerves at times.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm

And bland. It lacks that multi-dimensional dynamic from long ago. Zzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 am

Man that's dreadful

maybe ol grampa Klaus Meine can give him a tip or two
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't dislike his recent solo stuff, but his voice is just very nasally these days and it gets on my nerves at times.
It's a technique that older singers learn to still be able to reach certain spots in their ranges. They can no longer do it in the same "positions" vocally, so they resort to other techniques (in this case, Bach's high range is gone from his throat, so he "moved" it). It sounds different, but allows them to keep singing. Jon Bon Jovi and Meatloaf have done the same thing.

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3