Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
Lari
Dark Horseman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Empty
PostSubject: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 5:28 pm

This is him now:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Lari wrote:
This is him now:

His voice still sounds good, but does he need to stand there with a cup of coffee in his hand?

Maybe he plans to tour the coffee shop circuit.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 6:50 pm

For hell's sake, Geoff, put down your goddamn coffee! This isn't poetry hour at the local bookstore. I think.

EDIT lol TZ glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 7:06 pm

I could maybe understand a bottle of water because it’s good for your throat. But coffee? I doubt that helps...
I didn’t even watch The whole video... did he even take a sip? Maybe he thinks he looks more sophisticated holding it, along with his 1920s outfit.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 7:38 pm

He sings decent here, don't expect him to have the same voice at his age but he's sure a weirdo now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
He sings decent here, don't expect him to have the same voice at his age but he's sure a weirdo now.

He’s on par with most rock/metal singers in his age group. He’s no Michael Sweet, but he can still sing. He just needs to modify the old songs to fit his limits.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 9:45 pm

He has a somewhat different live persona for the full electric shows. For instance:

My beef is more with his backing band. They sound as stale as any solo act's hired guns I've ever heard. Geoff could be singing to a generic karaoke track and nobody would know the difference.

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:25 pm

I cant tell you how many cd's I have bought because the singer sounded like Tate. His impact on singers was huge!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 10:47 pm

glassprison wrote:
He has a somewhat different live persona for the full electric shows. For instance:

My beef is more with his backing band. They sound as stale as any solo act's hired guns I've ever heard. Geoff could be singing to a generic karaoke track and nobody would know the difference.

I got an Operation Mindcrime album a while back and it was the first used CD I ever returned because the music bored the hell out of me. Very bland stuff.

Geoff still has a pretty good voice though. I've enjoyed his recent contributions to Avantasia.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.    Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man, this dude had a voice back in the day.
Page 1 of 1