Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD

Go down 
+16
MetalRob331
mr.electric39
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
Coram Deo
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Eyesore
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Imagine is GNR toured with Sebastian Bach and Slaughter? lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.  
...and soon to join that tour, Def Leppard. I was checking out some of those Las Vegas shows, where they played the entire Hysteria set, and Joe ain't sounding so good these days.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.  
...and soon to join that tour, Def Leppard. I was checking out some of those Las Vegas shows, where they played the entire Hysteria set, and Joe ain't sounding so good these days.
and Whitesnake, and.....................
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.  
and Whitesnake, and.....................
Woah, woah. Coverdale's voice is still amazing. At least according to the past few DVD's and some fan reviews. That man is a vocal god.

Absolute with Dokken, though. Don's career is more dead than Bach's.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:59 pm

So I guess we don't really want to be 'rockin' like Dokken' these days.. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Woah, woah. Coverdale's voice is still amazing. At least according to the past few DVD's and some fan reviews. That man is a vocal god.

[/quote]
Gotta disagree with you on that one.....

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Gotta disagree with you on that one.....

True here. They've been downtuning a lot lately--as is everyone--and he nails it on Made in Japan, but the problem is the register is actually too low for him. It's like he can't win with that song. Also seems like he may be having a monitor problem; his voice sounds fine but he can't stay in the same key. But he sounds monster on Made in Japan, In the Still of the Night Live, and Made in Britain, although overdubs could be involved and thus my praise would be rendered invalid.

Last edited by corplhicks on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

^ "David Coverdale Shreds"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.  
Yeah, he definitely can't sing like he used to, but he also admits that he can't do so, unlike nearly every other singer out there who can't pull it off anymore.

I saw some live clips of Firehouse recently, and CJ Snare still sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
and Dokken.  
Yeah, Joe has been struggling for a long time now. He's a longtime smoker, too. I doubt Mutt Lange convincing him he could sing beyond his range helped in the long run either.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Coverdale is hit and miss these days. Considering his age, he's still holding up better than some that are 15-20 years younger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
True here. They've been downtuning a lot lately--as is everyone--and he nails it on Made in Japan, but the problem is the register is actually too low for him. It's like he can't win with that song. Also seems like he may be having a monitor problem; his voice sounds fine but he can't stay in the same key. But he sounds monster on Made in Japan, In the Still of the Night Live, and Made in Britain, although overdubs could be involved and thus my praise would be rendered invalid.
Yeah, man, there's no way in hell those are truly live. Just compare these:

The second is fan-filmed without any post-production. Still, given his age, I think David sounds pretty good these days.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
His voice has been raspy like that for a while now...
Raspy? That's not the problem. Sounding like a drowning Muppet is.
I don't know... He just sounds like he is hollering coarsly the whole time. He's been doing that off and on for years, but never the whole time like in the video. His voice used to be so smooth, he almost sounded like a girl at times. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

I hate to say it, but Coverdale's face is starting to look like Wally George.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Yeah, man, there's no way in hell those are truly live.
That's what I'm afraid of...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Didn't Joe Lynn Turner call David Coverdale out a few years ago, making these same assertions? I think there was a war of words between the two there for a little bit...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Brian Johnson sounds better than Coverdale..... I can't believe I just wrote that..... I dig Whitesnake but Coverdales voice sounds about as good as Bernie Marsden looks.....

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 927150 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

Brian Johnson sounds better than Coverdale..... I can't believe I just wrote that.....   I dig Whitesnake but Coverdales voice sounds about as good as Bernie Marsden looks.....

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 927150 
Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Didn't Joe Lynn Turner call David Coverdale out a few years ago, making these same assertions? I think there was a war of words between the two there for a little bit...
You are correct:
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/david-coverdale-in-lip-synching-claim
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 pm

This is from this past Saturday...

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as that other clip. Sure, he may not hit the notes like back in the day, but I think he's still a fine singer when he wants to be. It's when he tries to sound more "aggressive", he sounds like poop.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is from this past Saturday...

Doesn't sound nearly as bad as that other clip. Sure, he may not hit the notes like back in the day, but I think he's still a fine singer when he wants to be. It's when he tries to sound more "aggressive", he sounds like poop.
Good point.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:06 pm

I still think he sounds pretty bad. Nasally, gurgly. Sure, he's not terrible the entire time, but compared to how he sang in his prime, he's just a shadow of the shadow of this old self.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I wanna hear Baz in the studio, not live...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I wanna hear Baz in the studio, not live...
These days he sounds pretty bad on record, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD   Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach's Voice: DEAD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next