Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now

Go down 
+16
manny
metalinmyveins
akeldama
choosemetal
candlemass
Eyesore
journeyman
bass63
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Chairman_Smith
Shawn Of Fire
Orion Crystal Ice
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Dave especially on Countdown To Extinction, Hidden Treasures & Cryptic Writings was a good singer. He had a lot of personality in his vocal approach but as far as singing live it only makes sense to me that any singer would/should do this to save their voice.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 pm

This doesn't really bother me. I understand why it's done. Getting old hits everyone and if it has to be done to stave off the inevitable, more power to the person performing. And like already stated, if I saw a band live that does this, I probably wouldn't even notice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 pm

akeldama wrote:
Dave especially on Countdown To Extinction, Hidden Treasures & Cryptic Writings was a good singer. He had a lot of personality in his vocal approach but as far as singing live it only makes sense to me that any singer would/should do this to save their voice.
I look at Mustaine very much the same as Ozzy. Is he technically a good singer? No. Does he have a unique and interesting voice? Most definitely yes.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I look at Mustaine very much the same as Ozzy.  Is he technically a good singer?  No.  Does he have a unique and interesting voice?  Most definitely yes.

Bingo! I love Mustaine as a singer, but just do to the uniqueness factor...

I'm guessing we'll never hear the likes of "Hook In Mouth" again, as that song is demanding vocally.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I look at Mustaine very much the same as Ozzy.  Is he technically a good singer?  No.  Does he have a unique and interesting voice?  Most definitely yes.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I'm a Megs fanboy but I can't argue with that. I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:45 am

Well I guess Dave's options are keep struggling with the high notes, downtune or retire. Seems like a no-brainer to me! I get used to downtuning pretty quick, once you listen for a while you barely notice it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 am

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why this should bother me and I just cannot for the life of me find a reason to care.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why this should bother me and I just cannot for the life of me find a reason to care.
+1
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 pm

S.D. wrote:
It's not just age, if your singing style strains your voice a great deal then this practice would even be in place for young singers that just need to survive the tour.  

I'd wager that most people complaining about bands tuning down don't even realize that many groups write and perform songs in multiple tunings.  I remember having a conversation with Ty Tabor once and I asked him why he had 14 guitars on the side of the stage, he said the songs in the setlist were in 7 different tunings so he needed two of each in case of broken strings.
Exactly.

Firehouse is another example: When I see people rave about Firehouse and how awesome CJ is live (and he is) they fail to realize or mention that Firehouse plays a whole step down live.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Maybe I'll downtune someone's face....with my fist...who's up for it??? So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 12087 So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 382568 Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Maybe I'll downtune someone's face....with my fist...who's up for it??? So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 12087 So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 382568 Twisted Evil 
Settle down there Geoff Tate........
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 pm

You wouldn’t (dare)
You wouldn’t (dare cross me)
I don’t mind about but I cross yourself

Uh, you just bout to get hurt
Yea, you just bout to get hurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now   So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So MEGADETH is tuning down their old songs now
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2