Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version

Go down 
+4
Eyesore
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
Big Rich
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Empty
PostSubject: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm

If they had talked about this sooner, I missed the news.

earMUSIC will release next September 27 the special rendition of " Streets: A Rock Opera ", as part of the campaign republication of all the classic Savatage. In this new version of "Streets" also includes all the narrative parts, the DVD are some of the favorite videos by the band and extra audio content, some never appeared on disc, such as the piece " Lerry Elbows ", which was not included in the original version of the album for time limits. The following detailed tracklist: CD Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version wrote:
More.....

http://www.metallus.it/news/savatage-la-riedizione-di-streets-a-rock-opera/
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Too bad none of these ever show up in the U.S., of course..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:13 pm

I pre-ordered the hell out of that one!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Audio tracks on DVDs. I'd like to stab the idiot who thought that was a good idea. (Shut the f*ck up, S.D.)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:20 pm

http://www.ear-music.net/en/news/details/savatage-release-streets-a-rock-opera-narrated-version-the-video-collection-cd-dvd/

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Sounds cool, but... will the DVD be playable on Region 1 (i.e. American) DVD players? Eh, probably not. They never are in packages like these.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:30 pm

I thought music dvd were usually region free? Besides, getting your dvd region free can't be so difficult in these internet times, can it?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:19 pm

You can buy multi-region DVD players. They used to be pricey, but the last time I looked was probably ten years ago. But it's easy to change regions on PC DVD players, which is how most people get around it these days. Then again, they might just play any region automatically now. You used to have to manually change the settings, but I'm not seeing that on mine right now.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:37 am

This was a cool thing to do, and it was fun to listen to the whole album with narrations. But it could have been soooo much better. Streets was originally going to be called Gutter Ballet, but they rushed the title, and even used some of the songs intended for the concept album. What they should have done for this new version was to put it all together like it was originally intended. Added all the songs and put them in the correct order. While it is cool to finally have Larry Elbows on a real CD, it is not added as a part of the story. And why did they omit the song Desirėe? So clearly they could have delivered something even more special.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 am

what they really should have done with the whole reissue set is instead of releasing 2 versions of streets is just maybe have made it a two cd set to begin with. cd 1 narrated in the correct order and  cd 2 original version. Then the final disc could have been a double cd of b-sides or whatever. I'm happy with these reissues but they really should have released more of the rare tracks instead of the jon oliva rerecorded songs.

I like the artwork for this version

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
This was a cool thing to do, and it was fun to listen to the whole album with narrations. But it could have been soooo much better. Streets was originally going to be called Gutter Ballet, but they rushed the title, and even used some of the songs intended for the concept album. What they should have done for this new version was to put it all together like it was originally intended. Added all the songs and put them in the correct order. While it is cool to finally have Larry Elbows on a real CD, it is not added as a part of the story. And why did they omit the song Desirėe? So clearly they could have delivered something even more special.
Is this version of "Larry Elbows" a proper studio version? All I've heard is a version that sounds like a demo.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 am

It's most likely a demo version as far as I can tell. I have only listened ok spotify on my phone using my worker earphones,but the quality of the recording sounded inferior on that track. It's not as bad as the versions I've heard on Youtube though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 am

Word.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:17 pm

sounds like a demo

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm thinking of getting this one. But is it good enough to replace to original CD? I mean, narration sounds like a good idea, but do you want to go through them each time you play the album? Yeah, I know you can skip tracks, but still...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm

I would not replace the original with this. The alternate version of Jesus Saves is cool but since they omitted the original you basically need both.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 am

TSO pulled in $12.5 million last year. And people wonder why Savatage is no more. Haha.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
TSO pulled in $12.5 million last year. And people wonder why Savatage is no more. Haha.

Yep - that's how Jon Olivia can afford to do his side projects and is no longer the starving artist....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version   Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage- Streets: A Rock Opera: Narrated Version
Page 1 of 1