Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Empty
PostSubject: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:41 pm

Wow, never seen footage from this tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdGIp-R8zw&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:46 pm

I saw that tour at Hammerjacks in Baltimore, great show.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm

I have never seen Sava live. Does Jon always have someone else play keys while he sings?(besides the era when he didnt sing of course).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Stender wrote:
I have never seen Sava live. Does Jon always have someone else play keys while he sings?(besides the era when he didnt sing of course).

On the Gutter Ballet tour he played the keyboards himself.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Such a great vid, thanks.
is there any savatage concert out there with Jon singing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 pm

If you're looking for an audio disc, then pick up "Ghost In The Ruins" which was primarily recorded on the Gutter Ballet tour.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:50 am

Stender wrote:

It varied a lot. If you've seen the Japan Live video he plays guitar on some songs, and keyboard on others. These days he sings and plays keys.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:58 am

"Larry Elbows" anyone?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 am

I loved that they opened 'Hounds' with Bach's 'Toccata & Fugue in D Minor'. Jon is always a fantastic front man.

I remember hearing 'Larry Elbows' a while back. I really wish they could get a hold of all the missing songs from Streets ('Stay', 'Desiree' etc.) and make the album the way they intended it but I'm sure the Streets re-release liner notes said about the recordings being lost in the record company's vaults. Such a shame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 am

I have Stay and Desiree. They were part of the reissues here in Europe, I think.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:33 am

Yeah, I have them as well - as you said, they were part of the reissues. But they're acoustic versions with Zak on vocals. I meant the original versions recorded during the Streets sessions.

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCZzuUkYZQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 pm

This has got to be one of the very last performances with BOTH Criss and Jon on stage. Man, the classic Savatage line-up, performing one of my all time favorite songs, what can beat that?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 pm

detuned wrote:
If you're looking for an audio disc, then pick up "Ghost In The Ruins" which was primarily recorded on the Gutter Ballet tour.

I was at the show at L'amour in Brooklyn, NY (1990) where three of the tracks from GHOST IN THE RUINS were recorded. I wish they'd release that entire show because it was phenomenal!! Best concert I ever saw, hands down.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:13 am

kmorg DO you have that concert that you can share? I only have the one from Japan, and Jon barely sang on that show
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:58 am

powermacho wrote:
kmorg DO you have that concert that you can share? I only have the one from Japan, and Jon barely sang on that show
As far as I'm aware, that's the only clip of footage from the Tampa Music Awards. I've looked and have never been able to find the rest of the show. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Smindas wrote:
powermacho wrote:
As far as I'm aware, that's the only clip of footage from the Tampa Music Awards. I've looked and have never been able to find the rest of the show. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough though.

You are correct.

I actually own next to nothing with Savatage in concert. I used to in the VHS days. But I nevr got it transfered to DVD before selling it all. I don't even own the Japan Live on video any more. I think I have 2 concerts on DVDr, one of which is the Wacken gig I mysefl attended.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 pm

kmorg wrote:
Smindas wrote:
powermacho wrote:

You are correct.

I actually own next to nothing with Savatage in concert. I used to in the VHS days. But I nevr got it transfered to DVD before selling it all. I don't even own the Japan Live on video any more. I think I have 2 concerts on DVDr, one of which is the Wacken gig I mysefl attended.
You can download the Japan concert, but I haven't find another show from Savatage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
Smindas wrote:
powermacho wrote:

You are correct.

Do you have the one I sent you with Ray Gillen joining them for two songs?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 am

Oh wow, I'd love to see that Wacken gig. I've seen a video of 'Gutter Ballet' from it and it's fantastic. I always loved that Jon and Zak did a vocal trade off for that song live.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:37 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Smindas wrote:
powermacho wrote:

You are correct.

Do you have the one I sent you with Ray Gillen joining them for two songs?

Yup, that one I have Very Happy

That reminds me, I still have a CDR for you with the wrong address on the envelope! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm ready when you are.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:13 am

pm me, bozo!

PostSubject: Re: SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity   SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAVATAGE - "HOUNDS" STREETS TOUR 1991 Germany Prett good qaulity
Page 1 of 1