Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love/Hate Is Back...

Go down 
+9
cruedevil71
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
nevermore
ultmetal
jstate
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

nevermore wrote:

I read over at Brave Words earlier that Jizzy is the new singer in Quiet Riot. scratch 
Yep, apparently so:

Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 02269
Quote :
Quiet Riot have announced that Jizzy Pearl will replace Scott Vokoun as the band's vocalist and are currently working on a new studio album. Pearl is best know for his work with Love/Hate, L.A. Guns and Ratt.

"Quiet Riot is pleased to announce the addition of Love/Hate vocalist Jizzy Pearl, who will perform his debut Quiet Riot show on New Years Eve December 31 in Flagstaff, Arizona," said the band in a statement. "We are thrilled with the new addition and welcome Jizzy to the Quiet Riot family. The band is currently in the recording studio with Jizzy in preparation for the release of a new Quiet Riot CD in early 2014. Quiet Riot and Scott Vokoun have parted company amicably and thank Scott for his past dedication and wish him much continued success."

The new album will be the band's first since 2006's 'Rehab', which featured deceased original vocalist Kevin DuBrow. Since DuBrow's death in 2007 due to a cocaine overdose Quiet Riot have enlisted the help of several singers including Mark Huff, Keith St. John, Scott Vokoun, and now Jizzy Pearl. Rounding out this version of Quiet Riot is drummer Frankie Banali, bassist Chuck Wright and guitarist Alex Grossi.

Pearl is also set to release a new Love/Hate album entitled 'Crucified'. Due for release in January of 2014, 'Crucified' represents the first Love/Hate record of all-original music in years. As the only remaining original member of Love/Hate, Pearl has been working in Las Vegas with such musicians as Great White's Michael Lardie, former L.A. Guns bassist Mark 'Muddy' Dutton, drummer Matt Starr and Mike Szuter, on the album.

Quiet Riot is best know for 1983's 'Metal Health', the first heavy metal album to reach #1 on the Billboard charts on its way to selling over six million copies. The album was propelled by the top 5 single "Cum On Feel The Noize" and the top 40 follow-up title track.
I guess Jizzo's gotta pay the billz somehow. He's already fronted Ratt, so why not Quiet Riot too?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:17 am

That last guy wasn't in place very long was he? I guess playing for free after arena football games and state fairs wasn't rock n' roll enough for him. Razz 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:15 am

Over the weekend Love/Hate's Facebook was promising a "spoken word" Love/Hate disc in 2014, which will apparently be Jizzy telling stories and tales about the creation of each of the songs on L/H's early releases, funny tour stories from back in the day, etc.

Ummmm.... yeah, OK. Seriously Jizzo, just stop. Please.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Over the weekend Love/Hate's Facebook was promising a "spoken word" Love/Hate disc in 2014, which will apparently be Jizzy telling stories and tales about the creation of each of the songs on L/H's early releases, funny tour stories from back in the day, etc.

Ummmm.... yeah, OK. Seriously Jizzo, just stop. Please.

Who's he think he is, Henry Rollins?  Razz 

It might be entertaining once. Once. But who's playing that one over and over? And from what I remember, he's covered some of the funny "back-in-the-day" stuff in his books (which are very entertaining I must add.)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Quote :
he's covered some of the funny "back-in-the-day" stuff in his books (which are very entertaining I must add.)

I thought the same thing, I betcha he's probably just gonna sit in a studio, read some selections from those books out loud, and press it directly to CD Very Happy

...and of course, despite the fact that this album is a spectacularly dumb idea, the Facebook post about it garnered responses from a whole bunch of nutswingers who said "AWESOME!" "SOUNDS GREAT!" "CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!" etc.

...(facepalm)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Newest update from Jizzy Pearl about the new "CRUCIFIED" material... looks like a name change has been forced upon him, it's no longer being called a Love/Hate release

"CRUCIFIED is now a Jizzy Pearl release. Available on Itunes on the banner above. March 2014 will be the LAST Love/Hate tour as Jizzy Pearl's Love/Hate. Not to be confused with Skid's Love/Hate or Joey Gold's Love/Hate, both of which are marvelous in their own right."

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:56 am

Follow up to FF's Story:

He’s changed the name of the band to Jizzy Pearl’s Love/Hate and re-titled their mini-album Crucified as a solo release. The move is believed to be a result of threatened legal action from former Love/Hate guitarist Jon E Love.

Pearl, who’d been using the name since 2002, says in a statement: “Dealing with ex-members isn’t worth the hassle. I don’t want to spend thousands fighting over a band that makes hundreds.

“This isn’t Queensryche or Great White – we’re not talking about a band that makes $12,000 or $20,000.00 a night. But there are some people out there who still think Love/Hate is the ‘golden goose.’

“Some people think Love/Hate sells shirts like Iron Maiden or Motorhead. Some people still think MTV plays videos. Unless you’ve gassed up the van and done the tours like I have, I guess you don’t really know.

“So here’s the deal. I’ll do this last and final tour as Jizzy Pearl’s Love/Hate – that way the fans will know who is and who isn’t in the band. After that we’ll put the whole thing to bed and I’ll never play with any of these ex-members again.”

The vocalist, who’s just joined Quiet Riot, adds: “I love Love/Hate. The fans are great, the music was superb. But in the end ex-members just aren’t worth the hassle.”

Last month Love said of Crucified, due next month: “Jizzy has taken it upon himself to release his solo shit and call it Love/Hate. Any true fan will immediately know it’s not the real band. Stay tuned – more to follow as I proceed to sue him.”

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:09 am

Quote :
Some people think Love/Hate sells shirts like Iron Maiden or Motorhead. Some people still think MTV plays videos.

Laughing very hard Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love/Hate Is Back...   Love/Hate Is Back... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love/Hate Is Back...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2