Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar recording "new" album

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
kmorg
corplhicks
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:28 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Is there anything more idiotic than (dis)liking a band based on their looks!? angry angry angry angry 
I'm so sick of those guys saying Manowar sucks because they had funny band pics where they look like Conan. That's just so irrelevant, to say the least.

I didn't say that I disliked them because of their looks. I disliked them because of the crummy music, the image was just really, really funny! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Quote :
Manowar made really good music up to about Warriors Of The World

In my book they peaked with Louder than Hell and started phoning it in with Warriors (which was 50% cool, 50% filler).

Don't even get me started on Gods of War.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:32 pm

It wasn't just the looks, it was the obnoxious "rah-rah no poseurs" attitude that went with the look.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I kinda think of Manowar as a semi-comedy band, dig the music though.

Notice any similarities?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:
Is there anything more idiotic than (dis)liking a band based on their looks!? angry angry angry angry 
I'm so sick of those guys saying Manowar sucks because they had funny band pics where they look like Conan. That's just so irrelevant, to say the least.

Their music is just as laughably bad and over-the-top nonsense as their look.  
I'll admit, I've never been blown away by these guys, but they do have a number of really great songs.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 pm

I can't blame them for wanting to have ownership over their old songs.

Not sure how a metal fan can hear MANOWAR's old classic songs and say they are laughably bad. "Battle Hymn" for one is excellent. Perhaps they judge solely on their image and if they agree with their lyrical stance rather than the quality of the music itself.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I can't blame them for wanting to have ownership over their old songs.

Not sure how a metal fan can hear MANOWAR's old classic songs and say they are laughably bad.  "Battle Hymn" for one is excellent.  Perhaps they judge solely on their image and if they agree with their lyrical stance rather than the quality of the music itself.

Agreed ! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

It kind of bothers me that when you give a reason for not liking something ie, the music is crummy (to my ears). People can't accept that and say that you are judging them on image etc...

I find this pretty funny as my favorite band from the 80's looked like this!

Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Celtic10

Laughing very hard 

Now I think that Frost looked almost as silly as Manowar, difference is I love the MUSIC that they made
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Their music is just as laughably bad and over-the-top nonsense as their look.  
I'll admit, I've never been blown away by these guys, but they do have a number of really great songs.

i like KOM. Its the last manowar album i enjoyed. That being said, i am not sure the re-recording it is something i will get. It will be hugely expensive and probably not near as good as the original.

But at least they help the stock market - the LCPOA (Loin Cloth Producers of America) stock just went up through the roof on this news.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:50 pm

exact33 wrote:

But at least they help the stock market - the LCPOA (Loin Cloth Producers of America) stock just went up through the roof on this news.

Be careful, it sounds like it may be a pump and dump, and you definitely don't want that in loin cloths! (I'm sorry, that's just gross!)Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar recording "new" album   Manowar recording "new" album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar recording "new" album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2