Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where were you when u first heard this song?

Go down 
+16
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
Citanul
mc666
stormspell
brokentulsa
James B.
bass63
MoonChild
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
Chrome Locust
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

In my friends bedroom smoking a bong!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The only southern rock band I can appreciate are the early Allman Brothers albums while Duane was still alive.  Amazing improvisational band that mixed in lots of jazz/fusion with the normal southern influences.

and another thing, The Outlaws "Green Grass and High Tides Forever" blows away Free bird...

Well said about the Allman bros.

Green Grass is a great song, but the lengthy solo really doesn't touch Allen Collin's solo in Free Bird IMO. I would put Blackfoot's, Highway Song over Green Grass.. All 3 though are some killer tunes...
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am

I'm not sure. When I was a kid, I liked to watch World Class Championship Wrestling reruns and remember the Fabulous Freebirds used this song as their entrance music. That may have been the first time I heard it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:47 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I'm not sure.  When I was a kid, I liked to watch World Class Championship Wrestling reruns and remember the Fabulous Freebirds used this song as their entrance music.  That may have been the first time I heard it.
Oh yeah... I remember Michael "P.S." Hayes & his crew. When I watched they always entered to "Badstreet U.S.A.".

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:56 am

exact33 wrote:
I was flipping stations and found this on WMGK in 1992.

That's quite a memory you have on you, sir. The King remembers well. TheKing 
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
No idea, probably at some redneck party in West Virginia as a teen.  I hated it then and hate it even more now!  

This is a joke, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Last edited by Chrome Locust on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 pm

Fair enough dude, next time you ask a question I'll remember to avoid it completely. Wouldn't want to give the wrong answer.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fair enough dude, next time you ask a question I'll remember to avoid it completely. Wouldn't want to give the wrong answer.

I was only joking, brother ffs!!.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't remember where I was, but I have always liked Skynyrd..... still do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when u first heard this song?   Where were you when u first heard this song? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where were you when u first heard this song?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2