Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!

Go down 
+27
Lurideath
DeathCult
brokentulsa
stpatrik
Gilbert
Arjun_M
krokus
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
chewie
80s Metal Lady
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Stender
journeyman
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
mc666
corplhicks
bass63
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Boris2008
Chrome Locust
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 am

I dunno about best BAND, but I've got the best SONG.....

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:35 am

I'm curious Chrome Locust, why do you think Diamond Head are sellouts?

OCI, you are the biggest Praying Mantis groupie I know. lol! 
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Great band.  Their first 3 are godly.
I hear you - they lost their record label after that, refusing to be a covers band that MCA wanted - and like that it was gone. They released some woeful drek after the first 3 albums under different line ups - but the star was well gone by that stage. Total shame.

That answers my question. I listened to Burning In The Shade on Spotify and found it to be so awful I didn't finish it. Then I listened to Spellbound and am hooked! I'm going to get that album!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Great band.  Their first 3 are godly.
I hear you - they lost their record label after that, refusing to be a covers band that MCA wanted - and like that it was gone. They released some woeful drek after the first 3 albums under different line ups - but the star was well gone by that stage. Total shame.

That answers my question. I listened to Burning In The Shade on Spotify and found it to be so awful I didn't finish it. Then I listened to Spellbound and am hooked! I'm going to get that album!
Spellbound is really good! One of my NWOBHM favorites
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am

If anyone is interested, there's a recent download which has been posted on one of my favorite sites for live shows. Occasionally there will be an out of print compilation album added, and this one happens to be from some of your more obscure NWOBHM artists. There are a few nuggets in here

http://hearrockcity.blogspot.com/search/label/Various%20Artists
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:30 am

Two words: Split Beaver.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:33 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Yeah, I got a good chuckle out of that name as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Yeah, I got a good chuckle out of that name as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Amazing band. I saw them live a couple of years ago and they still kick ass.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:36 pm

They are a great band, but not the best NWOBHM IMO.
Back to top Go down
Arjun_M
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:39 am

I find Tokyo Blade (especially in their first two albums) more interesting than, say, Saxon or Diamond Head. Wonder what the difference is.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:16 am

I really need to get into tygers and angel witch. they are still missing from my collection.

maybe I will order something from amazon next week
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 am

I advise people to check out the two most recent releases as well: Animal Instinct and Ambush. They are both very, very good IMO.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 pm

NWOBHM is my favorite subgenre. I don't think I can pick a favorite band, though. So many of my favorites didn't put out a lot of material, but what they did put out was stupendous!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:05 am

I dig this band..recently picked up their latest release...

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:52 pm

I love the Tygers, some truly great albums!

Diamond Head will always be the best NWOBHM band for me though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 pm

VENOM!!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Love me some Tygers of Pan Tang, but if I were to pick "the best", it would be RAVEN!

same here, "Wild Cat" is one of the greatest riffy albums ever, but for me RAVEN has the best catalog.
I even enjoyed the two "poser" albums.

Boris2008 wrote:
You appear to have misspelt the title of this thread and posted the wrong link, let me help you

On a NWOBHM trip - Angel Witch - best NWOBHM band ever!

That's better Razz

I admit that first amazing Angelwitch album got a LOT of listens on my mp3 player all during 2014 for some reason when I was walking around.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Totally love the NWOBHM scene (although it seems that there were a few good years of release then it just petered out. Except for Iron Maiden and Saxon and I guess Def Leppard). But the NWOBHM band I seem to play the most (and I just learned about them about 6 years ago) is Tysondog. Outside of a horrible cover of School's Out, they rip it up.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 am

Tygers of Pan Tang were hit and miss for me. "The Cage" is great. "Crazy Nights" & "Spellbound" are good. "Wild Cat" and "The Wreckage" are average at best.

The best NWOBHM bands IMO were Iron Maiden, Saxon, Def Leppard, and Raven.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 am

Skol Records will release Tygers of Pan Tang - Tyger Sessions: The First Wave on 2/28/15. The album consists of re-recordings of 11 classic Tygers songs.

Here is the new version of "Gangland."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 pm

I discuss Tygers of Pan Tang and their absolutely despised 1987 release, Burning in the Shade, in my new YouTube video.

It's part of a series called Catalog Cripplers, where I discuss albums that were seen as detrimental to a band in the long run.

I plan on discussing Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King in the next installment of the series, which I will film next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Great review RF headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!   On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On a NWOBHM trip - Tygers Of Pan Tang - best NWOBHM band ever!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2