Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College Football

Go down 
+7
brontotex
T-Roy
KissinMaiden
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
mc666
the sentinel
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

College Football - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:37 am

Now that everyone in the nation knows what I have known all along, that South Florida is a fluke, what is your opinion on Ohio State's rise to the top?

Let's face it. OSU are going to be undefeated. How can they lose with a remaining schedule featuring those college football powerhouses, (Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan)?

OSU has a simple schedule EVERY year which always includes at least 2 in state "rivals" like Akron and Kent State. This year they through Youngstown State in the mix. I think Youngstown State is a liberal arts college. Jeez. I think they are the "Flying Fairymen" or something else completely gay.

OSU is highly overrated and will be in the national championship once again. Of course, only to be beaten royally by the SEC strongmen at LSU.

My wife went to OSU and I have always had it out for them, but cmon, when are they going to play someone????!!!!!

OK, who wants the soapbox next??
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 am

I couldn't agree more. I think the best part about this season is
watching the "big boys" that get stupid pre season rankings based
on.....well, nothing other than their name and tradition. I don't think
OSU will get out unbeaton. Wisonsin, Illinois...I was at that game.
Penn, is strong and Michigan always shows up for the OSU rival game.
However, If they do.....LSU will pummel them...that is if LSU is still
around along with the rest of the top 10 as of today. I'm picking BC, I
think they're for real.

UCLA!!!! GO BRUINS!!! They pulled out a big one...err, win I mean!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 am

I think right now, Kansas is the most complete, deadly team. They would
be my dark horse team. Sadly, barring some miracle of monumental
collapses by every team in front of them, they will never see the top
5, even if they finish perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:32 am

T-Roy wrote:
pulled out a big one...err,

That's what she said..... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:34 am

T-Roy wrote:
I think right now, Kansas is the most complete, deadly team. They would
be my dark horse team. Sadly, barring some miracle of monumental
collapses by every team in front of them, they will never see the top
5, even if they finish perfect.

I'd like to see someone like Kansas to be in the national championship. But then I wonder if we will ever see a smaller team like that in the championship. At the risk of sounding a bit conspiracy theory-ish, I really think the sponsors have some say as to who goes to what bowl, even the natl championship.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:36 am

No, I think your right, untill they get rid of the BCS, no small school will ever get a fair shake...err, chance! lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Quote :
I-A) The Ohio State Buckeyes!!!!
That's my team!

Now, what I think....

I HATE all the mid-season speculation and talk. The Buckeyes had some rediculously good teams in the 90's that got beat by Michigan St. and Michigan when they went into the games undefeated. So we know how that ended up. In 02 basically EVERYONE ONE EARTH said the Buckeyes had no business being on the same field as the Miami Hurricanes...we saw how that ended up.

Last year the Buckeyes got their butts handed to them. SO, for a month I felt it was fair and square to hear all the crap. But now it's 2007. LET THE GAMES PLAY OUT!

Do you know how far in the future schedules are made? The answer is years. There's no way to know whether someone on your schedule is gonna to be super or a bum. Penn St. any given year could be awesome. Same goes for Michigan, Wisconsin and even occassionaly Mich St. Everyone, even the SEC guys, feast on scrubs early in the season. What do the Buckeyes do? They schedule Home and Home's against teams like TEXAS, and in the future it will be USC, Miami, and others....They do this early and put it all on the line. This year the teams scheduled years in advance just happen to suck. Washington has had great teams...not this year...not the Buckeyes fault. They are winning (in convincing fashion) who they are told to play. Let's just let it play out. I'll open my arms wide and absorb all manner of fecal material WHEN the Buckeyes lose, but not before. It's pointless...

That being said, I prefer when the Buckeyes get piled on like this....they team reads the papers and watches ESPN...they know what just about everyone thinks. I like that, it makes them play angry and with a chip on their shoulders. Last year they were #1 wire to wire until the NC game. Maybe they got too cocky? I doubt that will be the case this year. I hope the Bucks play an SEC team so we can all just see. If they lose again, I'll concede SEC dominance....for 2007. That's all....

To me the BIGGEST problem is the preseason Poll. There should be NO ranking of any kind until Nov. 1. That way everyone is 8-10 games into their season and "we" will know what's what. The NCAA and all of the media could make this a fun day like the NFL Draft or March Madness. It could be some sort of post - Halloween Top 25 party. I think they could hype this and make it more interesting than how things are going now. By November 1st pretenders are out of the pitcure. If you're 9-0 or 10-0 on Nov 1st everyone will know who you played, how you played and what that all means. Anyhow, I step down now...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 1:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
I-A) The Ohio State Buckeyes!!!!

To
me the BIGGEST problem is the preseason Poll. There should be NO
ranking of any kind until Nov. 1. That way everyone is 8-10 games into
their season and "we" will know what's what. The NCAA and all of the
media could make this a fun day like the NFL Draft or March Madness. It
could be some sort of post - Halloween Top 25 party. I think they could
hype this and make it more interesting than how things are going now.
By November 1st pretenders are out of the pitcure. If you're 9-0 or
10-0 on Nov 1st everyone will know who you played, how you played and
what that all means. Anyhow, I step down now...
Dude, the
pre-season poll is freakin' ridiculous. How many times to we have to
see, Auburn (who has NEVER lived to expectations) start the season in
the top 5?! Not to mention Michigan, ND, Miami, USC, Florida St.,
Nebraska. It's really comical actually. But, that totally ruins any
chance Schools on the outside, making unbelievable runs, of playing for
a title. They absolutely should not have rankings until Nov. That's a
very good point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:49 pm

Florida. How the (semi) mighty fall. HA! The taste of victory. Smile Go Dawgs!

USF=fluke. I've been saying it. It's now been proven.

Not that I like to gloat. Smile
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:24 pm

yup! you were right on USF, I really thought they they were legit...then, THE FALL!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:36 pm

My Buckeyes are still rolling...but like I said....let's just wait and see! It seems just too hard (especiallly this year) to know who's for real or not....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
My Buckeyes are still rolling...but like I said....let's just wait and see! It seems just too hard (especiallly this year) to know who's for real or not....

I agree. It's not a pretty year. It's really anyone's ball game. Pun intended.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:44 pm

..."but we've got the biggest balls of all"!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:02 pm

Well I follow local teams:

NDSU - Bison
MN - Gophers
Concordia - Cobbers
MSU - Dragons
NDSCS - Wildcats

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 am

I just wanted to publicly announce my prediction for the national championship.

OSU (42) vs. West Virginia (56)

West Virginia should walk all over Pitt. Mizzou will be upset by Oklahoma (again).

This should make for a fun first of the year at my house as my wife went to THE Ohio State University and I am from WV so I am contractually obligated to pull for the 'eers.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am

hmmm, I'm gonna predict MIZZOU(38) and WV(42). My dark horse is
Hawaii.....lets see, I think everybody would have to lose in front of
them....hey, IT COULD HAPPEN!

Slaton, White, Divine.....ridiculous triple threat, way too much speed.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 am

from an earlier post
Quote :
.......but like I said....let's just wait and see!

I've been endlessly fascinated as a Buckeye fan simply sitting back and watching things unfold. Amazing that "we" are #3 and now rooting for OU and Pitt!!

If WVU makes it and the Bucks don't....that's who I'll pull for. I liked them in the Major Harris days and have followed them. Of course, if the Bucks make it I'll roll with them.

Spectrefate.....we should "make it interesting" if it comes to that. What say ye? (is it legal to even write that??)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Spectrefate.....we should "make it interesting" if it comes to that. What say ye? (is it legal to even write that??)

Maybe...just maybe. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm

I hate Pitt.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:10 pm

College Football - Page 2 IMG_0385
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:10 pm

WOOOOOO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Quote :
I hope the Bucks play an SEC team so we can all
just see. If they lose again, I'll concede SEC dominance....for 2007.
That's all....

Quote :
I've been endlessly fascinated as a Buckeye fan
simply sitting back and watching things unfold. Amazing that "we" are
#3 and now rooting for OU and Pitt!!

STRANGEST year ever for College football!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:32 pm

College Football - Page 2 IMG_0385
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:46 am

OOH GA BOOGA!!! HAWAI'I!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:29 pm

Go UConn!!

to the Meineke Car Care Bowl....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football   College Football - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next