Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCAA Football thread.

Go down 
+5
tohostudios
chewie
jstate
bassman
exact33
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

NCAA Football thread. Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Being from Oregon originally i'm riding the Ducks bandwagon. Can a NW team really win it all?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 pm

I dont know. I dont really follow college football as much as I dislike the BCS system. I think they need to have a playoff like IAA.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I hate to say this as a MIZZOU fan, but if Oregon can keep up this pace no one can touch them. Now I will go shoot myself after the losses to Nebraska and Texas Tech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:57 am

Thank-you Mizzou for helping the Ducks.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I wasn't sold on Oregon as #1 at first, but I am now. At this point I'm hoping for a Oregon/Boise State championship game.

I agree with the need for a play-off. I can't stand that there are all those pointless Bowl games. I remember when your team going to a bowl was something special. My favorite sporting event is the NCAA Basketball Tournament - I can't imagine how cool it would be to use that for football. I'd certainly start caring about college football in December again.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 pm

I could see the Ducks taking it all. I don't like the playoff scenario, but as jstate just stated, there are too many pointless bowl games. They need to get back to just a few Bowl games with the top teams....... Do we really need the Starbucks or 2000 Flushes Bowl for some lower ranked team... No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

I hope Auburn stays 2 so that Oregon can whip their butts.

I think a playoff would be awesome and very lucrative.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm

I agree that a playoff would be much better than the stupid BCS. I mean, really, you only need 6 wins to be eligable for a bowl game? That is not good. I think a championship game between Oregon and Boise State would be awesome, it would probably be one of the highest scoring games in NCAA history.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Talk about a masacreee.

Wisconsin put up 83 on Indiana today. 83-20; they scored on all 12 possessions.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Talk about a masacreee.

I saw that. Its a bit silly to run up the score like that...

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:09 pm

And MIZZOU laid the smack down on Kansas State this afternoon, much better than the last two weeks. Next victim, please.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:18 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Talk about a masacreee.

I saw that. Its a bit silly to run up the score like that...

To be honest, we didn't run up the score. We pulled most of our starters just past the midpoint of the third quarter. We threw three passes in the 4th quarter (with our third string Q.B), one was for a T.D while being up 69-20. The play wasn't even designed as a pass (bootleg), but Budmayer decided to throw it, rather than taking the sack (which is what we teach players) to our walk-on wide receiver (Abbredaris). Otherwise we ran for one whole quarter with our third string R.B and an offensive line which was completely 2nd/3rd string. Indiana plain gave up, threw in the towel, laid down, played like a bunch of Sally's. If I missed any sports cliches, let me know.

The head coach Bill Lynch for Indiana completely understood this, as HE said Wisconsin did not run up the score. The previous poster said we scored on all 12 possessions, it was actually 13 (11 T.D's & 2 F.G's). When you allow a team to score on every possession, then one has to seriously question the manhood on the defensive side of the ball. Though I felt for Indiana, I remember the day where Indiana kept there starting running back Anthony Thompson in the whole game in 1989, where he ran for a record 377 yards. I also remember where an Indiana team lead by head coach Cam Cameron with Antwan Randle El as its Q.B kept all its starters in throughout a game in 2001, where the final score was 62-31. They were up 31-0 at halftime, so that game was never close.

Wisconsin did nothing wrong. Had Wisconsin started taking a knee on plays at the beginning of the 4th quarter, we would be viewed as a bunch of elitists, who think they're so much better than everybody else. Wisconsin simply is a team who has 2nd and 3rd stringers with more heart than Indiana had (at least on defense) with their 1st stringers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Oregon survives a scare against Cal who has had their number the last few years. Now they regroup and lay a smackdown on AZ and OSU. I hope.

Hey, Michigan showed some D. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Oregon survives a scare against Cal who has had their number the last few years. Now they regroup and lay a smackdown on AZ and OSU. I hope.

Hey, Michigan showed some D. What's going on?

The Michigan question....

Easy to answer. The Purdue Boilermakers are atrocious regardless, but their top two Q.B's are out for the season, along with their best running back, and top wide receiver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 pm

So Oregon complains that Cal faked injuries to slow them down which is probably true but admitting their D rose up for the occassion would be more noble.
I do hate when teams do the fake groin pull or whatever to slow down hurry-up offenses.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
So Oregon complains that Cal faked injuries to slow them down which is probably true but admitting their D rose up for the occassion would be more noble.
I do hate when teams do the fake groin pull or whatever to slow down hurry-up offenses.

I dont know - football is as much a strategy game as violent.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 am

Watching College Game Day from Wrigley Field where Illinois and Northwestern will play.

Weird configuration for this game. Because there's not the NCAA-mandated 6 feet from the end zone to the wall on both ends, both teams will move toward the same endzone.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 pm

So, I guess Cal blew their wad in a losing effort to Oregon last week. They are getting throttled by Stanford today in the bay area's "Big" game.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Good. I only wish all Cal teams could lose on the same day.

Ohio St. had a scare.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 am

Mizzou knocked Iowa State out of any chance of a bowl game, too bad.
Kansas is next in line for a whuppin'. Can Oregon and Boise State continue to dominate all who oppose them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:28 pm

I wonder if Auburn lost and Oregon and BSU won out if they'd actually let them play for #1?
Did you see the Nebraska debacle? Guy got groped. It's pretty easy to find online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Here's an article and video. Just weird.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/husker-junk-grabbing-may-have-justified-personal-foul-penalty/
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Here's an article and video. Just weird.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/21/husker-junk-grabbing-may-have-justified-personal-foul-penalty/

That guy has a great career in front of him working for the TSA, that is a blatant grope, I would have done more than kick him.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm hoping for an Alabama win over Auburn on Friday and I think they can do it. I want Boise State to play Oregon for the national championship. I think it would be one helluva game.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:11 pm

College footbal is ok but what I hate are the so called experts who basically rank the same schools all the time. They don't even give the TCU's & Boise States of the world a chance what so ever in the BCS rankings everything is about big schools.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Football thread.   NCAA Football thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCAA Football thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next