Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!

Go down 
+21
PJayBe
Addy
EmoElmo
QuothTheRaven
Required Fields
adrian
Leatherface
Citanul
A Handful of Wayne
Wurthless
RAIDwarden
MetallicSeminarian
CRIMSONMASK
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
tohostudios
corplhicks
exact33
Boris2008
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Flash" (1990)

When Tim Burton's "Batman" movie made a ton of $$ in 1989 CBS hoped that viewers would tune in regularly to see a show about one of his Justice League teammates. The show had a big budget look, a theme song by Danny "Batman" Elfman, and scripts by several members of DC Comics' writing staff (incl. Howard Chaykin) but it didn't catch on. Also: Amanda Pays. Hot.

Could have been a UPN show......

I think I watched every episode when it originally aired

it was pretty cheesy. Speaking of cheese that never made it:

CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
the live action "Tick"

Y'know, I loved the "Tick" cartoon show but the live-action series never clicked with me. That style of surreal humor worked better in animated form.

Besides, if memory serves the live action "Tick" never said "SPOON!"...which is unforgivable. Very Happy

That said, Patrick Warburton had the perfect voice for The Tick. Even before the show came along, whenever I read the comics I always imagined the Tick's voice sounding something like that.

True, I kept waiting for the big "SPOON!" moment that never happened. I only remember a handfull of eps airing before it got ganked, so maybe they were waiting for the big season finale. & Watrburton was a great choice for the Tick.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:46 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
the live action "Tick"

Y'know, I loved the "Tick" cartoon show but the live-action series never clicked with me. That style of surreal humor worked better in animated form.

Besides, if memory serves the live action "Tick" never said "SPOON!"...which is unforgivable. Very Happy

That said, Patrick Warburton had the perfect voice for The Tick. Even before the show came along, whenever I read the comics I always imagined the Tick's voice sounding something like that.

True, I kept waiting for the big "SPOON!" moment that never happened. I only remember a handfull of eps airing before it got ganked, so maybe they were waiting for the big season finale. & Watrburton was a great choice for the Tick.

And who can forget Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert on Lost) as Batmanuel !

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Batmanuelpub
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 pm

007 wrote:

Laughing very hard I betcha that's one wardrobe he wishes he could strike from his resume!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:16 pm

007 wrote:
CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
the live action "Tick"

Batmanuel-"I rescued a carload of cheerleaders last night, then I rescued them again this morning, if you know what I mean."

Tick(nodding & smiling)- "No, I don't"
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm tempted to say that the remake of 'V' ended too early, but it didn't, it sucked really badly. All they had to do was remake the original story without all of the 80's cheese and they had a sure fire hit, but they screwed up bad!!Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 288219 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Nobody's said Freaks and Geeks yet?! Easily one of my favorite shows, with only one season.

Another great one is Better Off Ted.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Nobody's said Freaks and Geeks yet?! Easily one of my favorite shows, with only one season.

Another great one is Better Off Ted.

Freaks and Geeks was pretty awesome, and should have been the Wonder Years of the 2000's.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Better off Ted was one of the ones that I wanted to put in the first post along with Firefly, then i thought that it wouldn't be much of a thread if I named all of them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm

I might be the only one in the world who liked this show, and I didn't even watch tv as a kid but I thought the Max Headroom show was cool.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Just to double check--anyone remember Space Rangers?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:16 pm

manny wrote:
I might be the only one in the world who liked this show, and I didn't even watch tv as a kid but I thought the Max Headroom show was cool.

I loved that show

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

There was a comedy show on for only 2 seasons called The Single Guy. It was on NBC on thursdays between Seinfeld and Friends.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
There was a comedy show on for only 2 seasons called The Single Guy. It was on NBC on thursdays between Seinfeld and Friends.

I used to watch that show! It had the dude from weekend at Bernie's!
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 am

corplhicks wrote:
Just to double check--anyone remember Space Rangers?

Yes, apparently(according to IMDB) only one episode ever aired of the 6 that were made. The only thing I remember is Wings Hauser & Linda Hunt were in it. I saw that one episode, liked it & then it disappeared. Never heard of it again until today. Unfortunately it ain't on Netflix.

Along those same lines was "Space:Above & Beyond" which ran on FOX 95-96. It was about a squadron of Marine pilots fighting aliens, kinda like Starship Troopers meets Baa Baa Blacksheep.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:48 am

Another cool mid 70s sci fi show was Fantastic Journey. An island within the Bermuda Triangle is the setting of this show and the protagonists are people from various time periods (including the late, great Roddy McDowell) stuck there. I think it only lasted a few episodes.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:44 am

I was bummed Tru Calling didnt make it. I liked that show a lot.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:04 pm

exact33 wrote:

That was a great show but got jerked around and the second season did not air til Nov or something like that, which guartneed it a quick death
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I liked Dollhouse and Tru Calling. What is it about Eliza Dushku? I mean, I enjoy watching her!!

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Eliza-10 Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Fhm-ca10 Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Eliza-11

Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:57 pm

manny wrote:

I LOVE that show!  I bought the entire (and only) season on DVD last year.  Way ahead of its time.  And it had Amanda Pays.  greedy She was hot stuff on that show.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Quote :
What is it about Eliza Dushku?
Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Eliza-10

I think you just answered your own question.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:18 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:

That was a great show but got jerked around and the second season did not air til Nov or something like that, which guartneed it a quick death

yeah. I think a show that actually gets Jason Priestly to act halfway is really good.

Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:52 am

Brimstone.

A police detective ends up in Hell after murdering his wife's rapist, but is returned to Earth years later to track down souls that have escaped from Hell.  John Glover stole the show with his performance as the Devil.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:35 am

Kolchak: The Night Stalker
The Critic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:57 am

House of Rock! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next