Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!

Go down 
+21
PJayBe
Addy
EmoElmo
QuothTheRaven
Required Fields
adrian
Leatherface
Citanul
A Handful of Wayne
Wurthless
RAIDwarden
MetallicSeminarian
CRIMSONMASK
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
tohostudios
corplhicks
exact33
Boris2008
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Empty
PostSubject: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 pm

I've got loads of these but I'll start the ball rolling with a couple.

Action

Great comedy that never really found a good home on Fox and bombed

Dollhouse

Far from perfect but a really interesting idea, talent galore involved and should have been given more time

Jericho

A fantastic TV show with a reasonable worldwide following, I'll never understand why this ended up in the dumper!! angry 
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I thought these were cut way too early:

Firefly
Dresden Files
Now and Again

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:27 am

Firefly for sure. Biggest upset in network history.

Harsh Realm. Chris Carter came up with this, a pre-Matrix story about, well, the matrix. I felt it was cutting edge for its time but they pulled the plug after nine episodes.

The Riches. A HUGE WTF moment when FX killed it off after 2 seasons--and it ended on a cliffhanger. I can't even comprehend the low ratings as it was a funny and intense show that really kept you watching, and hell it had Eddie Izzard. Who wouldn't watch a show with Eddie Izzard in it?

And Jericho was a big loss as well.

Anyone remember Space Rangers? That one went out on a cliffhanger, as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 am

Odyssey 5.

Outstanding sci fi series starring Peter Weller. A group of astronauts are aboard the space shuttle when they see the earth destroyed. An alien being sends them back in time with their memories intact to determine what exactly happened. Showtime killed this series after one season and it went out on a cliffhanger. I bought the whole series on DVD last year and it's so frustrating to wonder where the series writers were heading with it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:22 am

Nowhere Man:

Very cool show that only lasted 1 season on UPN.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:50 am

Quote :

Did UPN ever have a show that lasted more than one season? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am

"The Flash" (1990)

When Tim Burton's "Batman" movie made a ton of $$ in 1989 CBS hoped that viewers would tune in regularly to see a show about one of his Justice League teammates. The show had a big budget look, a theme song by Danny "Batman" Elfman, and scripts by several members of DC Comics' writing staff (incl. Howard Chaykin) but it didn't catch on. Also: Amanda Pays. Hot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Did UPN ever have a show that lasted more than one season? Very Happy

Laughing very hard 

I think Star Trek:Voyager and Enterprise where the only ones that lasted more than one season....

Of course, how could actually remember the "great" shows like Homeboys from outer space or Shasta McNasty......
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Flash" (1990)

When Tim Burton's "Batman" movie made a ton of $$ in 1989 CBS hoped that viewers would tune in regularly to see a show about one of his Justice League teammates. The show had a big budget look, a theme song by Danny "Batman" Elfman, and scripts by several members of DC Comics' writing staff (incl. Howard Chaykin) but it didn't catch on. Also: Amanda Pays. Hot.

Could have been a UPN show......

I think I watched every episode when it originally aired
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 am

How'zabout "M.A.N.T.I.S." (1994)?

A wheelchair bound scientist creates a bio-mechanical suit that not only allows him to walk again, but also gives him super strength and other powers. TV Critics seemed to think this show represented some kind of huge step for diversity in television since it featured an African American superhero... which didn't make much difference, cuz the show was cancelled after only a couple of weeks.

I forget what the initials in "M.A.N.T.I.S." really stood for, but I remember reading a review that said it could be an acronym for "Most Audience Not Tuning In Show" Laughing very hard

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:09 am

OK I am going show my age and expose my geekiness, but The Flash from the 1990's. It lasted one season and it was bit corny but fun.

Also Birds of Prey based on DC Comics Bat-Chics comic book series, was very cool series that died a quick death after only one season
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 am

Quote :
OK I am going show my age and expose my geekiness, but The Flash from the 1990's. It lasted one season and it was bit corny but fun.

I mentioned "The Flash" a couple of posts ago, Manfred!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I mentioned "The Flash" a couple of posts ago, Manfred!! Very Happy

I was still recovering from the fact you remember 'M.A.N.T.I.S.'

OK I used to love this show as a little kid, have not seen it since, Marvel Comics even adapted it to a short lived run, 'Man from Atlantis'
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

manny wrote:

Also Birds of Prey based on DC Comics Bat-Chics comic book series, was very cool series that died a quick death after only one season

I watched that show. Very enjoyable. If I remember correctly, the Joker appeared on the show played by some guy (no idea who) and voiced by none other than Mark Hamill.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am

Quote :
OK I used to love this show as a little kid, have not seen it since, Marvel Comics even adapted it to a short lived run, 'Man from Atlantis'

I had a couple of issues of Marvel's "Man from Atlantis" series in my old comic collection but to the best of my knowledge I never saw the show.

From the same time period as "Atlantis," does anyone remember the very short lived TV series version of "Logan's Run" starring Gregory Harrison as Logan and Heather Menzies (who'd played one of the Von Trapp kids in "Sound of Music" and would later end up in Joe Dante's "Piranha") as Jessica?

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I had a couple of issues of Marvel's "Man from Atlantis" series in my old comic collection but to the best of my knowledge I never saw the show.

From the same time period as "Atlantis," does anyone remember the very short lived TV series version of "Logan's Run" starring Gregory Harrison as Logan and Heather Menzies (who'd played one of the Von Trapp kids in "Sound of Music" and would later end up in Joe Dante's "Piranha") as Jessica?

Yeah man ! I watched that bad boy. Here's another from that era.Nothing better than a spy...who can turn invisible !

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 am

Oh snap, I remember "Gemini Man!"

Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 am

corplhicks wrote:
Anyone remember Space Rangers? That one went out on a cliffhanger, as well.

With Wings Hauser? I caught the last couple of eps then it was gone. Good call

I'll add "Dirty Dozen- The Series" & the live action "Tick"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

Quote :
the live action "Tick"

Y'know, I loved the "Tick" cartoon show but the live-action series never clicked with me. That style of surreal humor worked better in animated form.

Besides, if memory serves the live action "Tick" never said "SPOON!"...which is unforgivable. Very Happy

That said, Patrick Warburton had the perfect voice for The Tick. Even before the show came along, whenever I read the comics I always imagined the Tick's voice sounding something like that.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 am

Stark raving mad. A great sitcom back in the 90s. Don't think it lasted more than one season.

Human target (the recent one). I loved that show. While the second season wasn't quite as solid as the first, I think it deserved another chance.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Even though Scrubs didn't exactly end, the good era of Scrubs ended so I feel that this should be included. Futurama, also, but that will be back...it always comes back.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:59 am

Also, I might be the only person in existence who liked it, but I wished they hadn't cancelled Alcatraz. I wanted the mystery solved, dang it!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:16 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Also, I might be the only person in existence who liked it, but I wished they hadn't cancelled Alcatraz. I wanted the mystery solved, dang it!

I didn't know they had cancelled it. They didn't resolve the show? That's f*cked up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:26 pm

The Inside (2005). A short-lived summer replacement series in the "Criminal Minds" type vein, showrunner was Tim Minear who had just finished up work on Buffy & Angel. This was another one of those shows that Fox destroyed by airing the episodes out of sequence (and skipping a few) and then pulled the plug after only 7 episodes had been aired. The full 13-episode series was later broadcast in the UK and Canada.

Couldn't find a trailer, but here is the pilot episode (in fairly bad quality).

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:45 pm

And how could forget: the original Star Trek!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!   Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noooo!!!! Why? - Shows that got cancelled way too early!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next