Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best shows you saw in 2019

Go down 
+4
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
glassprison
8 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Best shows you saw in 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Especially for the regular contributors to the "What is the Next Concert You Are Going to?" thread: what were some of the best, or most memorable, shows you saw last year?

For me it was Ace Frehley. It was my first time seeing the Spaceman, so the excitement factor was even higher than I would have experienced seeing KISS these days. It was just awesome to hear deeper cuts like "Hard Times," "Watchin' You," "Strange Ways," etc. live.

A big surprise for me was Steven Adler. His current lineup rocks! The singer from Argentina sounds uncannily like Axl and it was cool to hear a full set of stuff from the first album and Lies.

Another surprise was Deep Purple. This was my first time seeing the band. I wasn't expecting much after reading so many reviews about how they had been so boring following Judas Priest a year or so ago. I had a great time at the show though and started digging deeper into their catalogue afterwards.

Finally, Kings of Chaos was a real treat. This time out, the rotating supergroup featured Warren DiMartini, Gilby Clark, Sebastian Bach, Dee Snider and Lou Gramm. They played a really cool set full of stuff from each of their respective catalogues.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 pm

Alter Bridge/Skillet

Although Septic Flesh with Ensiferum was great, as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 9:15 pm

The best show I saw in 2019 was The Cult... because it was the only show I saw in 2019.

Yeah, I know, I need to get out more.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Only went to a few shows last year, King Diamond was awesome, and Gwar was decent. It was a very slow year for me, I hope to make up for it this year.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 10:16 pm

No contest for me. It was easily Iron Maiden. I thought this was their best set and stage show in awhile.

Here's my top 5 list of best shows:
1. Iron Maiden
2. Glenn Hughes
3. Michael Schenker Fest
4. Heavy Mountain II Fest with C.O.C. , Pallbearer, Windhand, Torche, The Skull and Mothership
5. Thor
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39565

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 10:29 pm

I've gone to one show this past year-Ghost. It was an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Definitely Slapshot and Agnostic Front!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2020 2:25 am

Quote :
1. Iron Maiden
2. Glenn Hughes

Two I really wish I could have seen! Things just didn't work out. I'm not sure how many solo shows Glenn will be doing going forward, now that he seems to be in Dead Daisies.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Without a doubt ...Maiden.

Queensryche
Anthrax
Whitesnake
Queen
Disney On Ice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best shows you saw in 2019   Best shows you saw in 2019 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best shows you saw in 2019
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: