Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question concerning going to shows

Go down 
+5
ZombieHavoc
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
choosemetal
Lurideath
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

question concerning going to shows Empty
PostSubject: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Any of you ever gone to a show where you didn't care for the headlining band to begin with? Not only because of their music, but also their damn ego? Yet the 1 band on the bill that you wanted to see, gets screwed on their set time... not only because of all the opening bands going over their allotted set time... but also because the lame headlining band had to take 45 F****** minutes doing shit that should have been done LONG BEFORE they hit the stage.... and piss you off so bad that you yell at the members of headlining band and leave???? Yeah that just happened to me here in Vegas this past Saturday!!

Don't get me wrong, the headlining band is also a legendary band, but now days are but a miniscule fraction of what they once were.

The 1 band, and that was the ONLY band worth a shit on the 6 band bill, got 5 songs and were basically cut off... and to make matters even worse... The band is a LEGENDARY band!!! I am more angry about it than the band this happened to I think. I am still upset about it! I know I could easily travel to LA or OC to see the band anytime, but its been 2 years since they were here so I was NOT going to miss it!
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:18 pm

oh man that sucks! But I get what your saying. What band did you see?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Leatherwolf and Heretic.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Leatherwolf and Heretic.

Who were you there to see? I love both of these bands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:27 am

Yes, I have gone to a show or two and left before the headliner. I left the M3 Festival in 2003 before the headliner - caught Twisted Sister but left before Bret Michels hit the stage - had no desire to see his set.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:30 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Leatherwolf and Heretic.

Who were you there to see?  I love both of these bands.

I would wager that Leatherwolf were the headliner...I see them as being bigger than Heretic. Based only on that though, as I have no clue regarding either bands possible egos and what not.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:19 am

Yeah I was there to see Heretic. Leatherwolf were the egomaniacal headliners.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:58 pm

I don't know about egos and such but as for just going for the opening acts, I can honestly see myself going to Bloodstock on the Friday this year to see Primordial and Triptykon, but going home very early to avoid having to see Hatebreed, Dimmu Borgir and Down!!

Maybe Leatherwolf are bigger in the states than they ever were here, but I find it funny that they would have anything to have a big ego about! (I do still own one album by them but i have no idea why!)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:23 am

Yeah that sucks Shannon. I would much rather see Heretic any day over Leatherwolf.Do they think they're still big time rock stars or what?

Last edited by Thrasher73 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Usually the headliner plays last, right? I suppose in this case they didn't, since Heretic's time was cut short...so I deduce that they played after Leatherwolf, at this show. Yeah, that's pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:23 pm

No Heretic played before Leatherwolf. Leatherwolf were "headliners" though it was supposed to be co-headlining gig.

Yes Thrasher, their rock star ego is about as big if not bigger than Mt Kilimanjaro!
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:41 pm

I went to see Into Eternity and when they were done, I went to get pizza and beer with my girlfriend rather than stay for Opeth. I don't regret it. I like Ghost Reveries, and the acoustic album, but a lot of their work bores me.

I saw White Zombie, then Trouble and enjoyed them both. Then Pantera came on and I left hallway through their set when they came to my town in '92. Never listened to Pantera ever again.

A couple of years ago I went to a bill featuring the Flotsam Boys ,Overkill and Testament. Overkill was a no show, but I got to talk to Eric A. about his illegitimate son, and all the band signed my CD. Great bunch of guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question concerning going to shows   question concerning going to shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question concerning going to shows
Page 1 of 1