Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiske-era or Deris-era?

Go down 
+16
mc666
Temple of Blood
exact33
stepcousin
Eyesore
Lari
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
RAIDwarden
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
MetallicSeminarian
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Deris or Kiske era?
Kiske
Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Deris
Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Vote_lcap64%Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks for the recommendations Orion.  Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:12 am

Deris for me...no contest. Better Than Raw, The Dark Ride, & Rabbit Don't Come Easy are their tri-fecta imo. The Dark Ride being their greatest.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 am

mc666 wrote:
Deris for me...no contest. Better Than Raw, The Dark Ride, & Rabbit Don't Come Easy are their tri-fecta imo. The Dark Ride being their greatest.
My favorite is Better Than Raw. I think The Dark Ride, while great, is overrated. I just don't get why so many people think that album is their best.

Then again, I know a lot of people who think Better Than Raw is kinda poopy, so what the hell do I know?

Tastes. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations Orion.  Smile

Didn't like any of the suggested tbh. Mindnight Sun is decent. Anyway, the only Deris song I really do like is this.

It's not Deris' voice I have problem with, it's their music as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:45 am

I honestly don't know how you can have a Helloween conversation and completely ignore this album.

It's like having a favorite metal album poll and leaving off Black Sabbath!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:05 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
My favorite is Better Than Raw. I think The Dark Ride, while great, is overrated. I just don't get why so many people think that album is their best.

Then again, I know a lot of people who think Better Than Raw is kinda poopy, so what the hell do I know?

Tastes. Pffft!

my favorite is Master of the Rings. That album is such a melodic gem. I also think Dark Ride, Gambling are very good. I went with Deris because i think overall his material is stronger.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:04 am

This is my favorite Deris track :

Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 am

Eyesore wrote:

I understand how influential they are, but that doesn't necessarily mean later albums can't be better albums. I think a lot of people have a difficult time separating the two. They will never release a more influential pair of albums, but they have released a ton of better albums. Hell, I think Keeper III blows the first two away.

well said.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Tastes. Pffft!
Nothing poopy about Better than Raw. It's a superb record!

The intro and "Push" are amazing. And then it's just classic Helloween song after classic Helloween song. "Hey Lord", "Midnight Sun", "Revelation". Just perfection.

"Falling Higher" is one of my personal favourite metal anthems, and a top ten Helloween track.

I think it was my favourite Deris-era Helloween album until Gambling with the Devil came out.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:30 pm

One I rarely see talked about is Time Of the Oath. The first five songs on that slay with Wake Up the Mountain being a powerhouse of a song.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Today I plan on exploring more of the Deris catalog. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Time of the Oath is another monster record. Mission Motherland is epic.

If Master of the Rings essentially screamed out "we are back", then in the same way Time of the Oath said they are still THE BEST at what they do.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Yessir.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I honestly don't know how you can have a Helloween conversation and completely ignore this album.

It's like having a favorite metal album poll and leaving off Black Sabbath!
Sure, that makes sense...if you want to change the entire point of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Time of the Oath is another monster record. Mission Motherland is epic.

If Master of the Rings essentially screamed out "we are back", then in the same way Time of the Oath said they are still THE BEST at what they do.
Time of the Oath is a fantastic album. "Wake Up the Mountain" is one of my top five Helloween tunes!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:01 pm

What is the point of this thread then? The OP stated that he was just starting to get into Helloween and was asking if people prefered the Kiske or Deris era, is it such a leap outside of the spirit of the thread to suggest that he should not discount the era that laid the foundations for what would become the classic Helloween sound. Is that really changing the point of the entire thread? It's not like I said F**k you, I prefer sausages!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Is that really changing the point of the entire thread? It's not like I said F**k you, I prefer sausages!! Rolling Eyes

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
What is the point of this thread then? The OP stated that he was just starting to get into Helloween and was asking if people prefered the Kiske or Deris era, is it such a leap outside of the spirit of the thread to suggest that he should not discount the era that laid the foundations for what would become the classic Helloween sound. Is that really changing the point of the entire thread? It's not like I said F**k you, I prefer sausages!! Rolling Eyes

I love sausages. They're tasty.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:10 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

We've got the power, we are divine
We have the guts to follow the sign
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

F*ck you, I like bacon!!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

F*ck you, I like bacon!!

People, people, you can love both! I do!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm

See what you made me do Eyesore! Now I HAVE changed the entire point of the thread!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

F*ck you, I like bacon!!

People, people, you can love both! I do!

HERETIC! You speak of darkness.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
See what you made me do Eyesore! Now I HAVE changed the entire point of the thread!! Laughing very hard 
So you like Kai's sausage better, is that what you're saying?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
So you like Kai's sausage better, is that what you're saying?

Maybe! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiske-era or Deris-era?   Kiske-era or Deris-era? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiske-era or Deris-era?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next