Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Varga Returns!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Holy crap! Varga has reunited!

This news is from April, so I'm a little late to it and it might not excite many of you, but I'm super-excited. Their debut demo, Multiple Wargasms, and following full-length, Prototype, are outstanding, the latter of which I consider an unsung 90s classic. They released one final album, Oxygen, which didn't hold up and tried too hard to be modern, but that debut is awesome.

Here is the update:

Quote :
"After 15 years, we’re re-united and back in the studio. The new double-album, Enter The Metal / Return Of The Metal is a re-working of old songs from an unreleased album that we recorded before the BMG deal.

These songs represent what Varga, as a band, has always really been all about. Heavy riffing, complex arrangements, intense vocals and insane drums. For those who were there, you know this to be the REAL Varga!

We can’t wait to bring these epic songs back to life, its been way too long."

The band has launched a new official website at vargahq.com. Check out their official Facebook page here.
headbanger 

So anyway...yeah, I can't wait. A double album of unreleased material from before Prototype? Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Here's a track from their demo.

Hope they re-record these tunes.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 pm

I've heard Prototype! That is a good album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

It's a great album. Sadly, Oxygen was kinda poopy, alterna-grunge. I don't mind that kind of music, of course, but the songs just weren't there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am

New old song:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:05 am

Well I like the title and the opening part with the Gamera song and the sound of Gamera flying but that's just not my kind of music; it's just not memorable enough for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 am

This is a band I've never heard of. Being out during the 90s, I would have ignored it just lumping it in with the rest of the dull stuff prevalent during that era (stupid stereotypes).However those songs above are pretty good. And the Gamera intro? Outrageous ! I'll have to look into this further.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 pm

So there was a slight delay in the first release, Enter The Metal, so today the band released the digital files to those who pre-ordered. It's only six songs, which surprised me, but it's 40 minutes' worth of music, so I'm cool with it.

After a few listens, I'm loving it. It's very old school, late-80s-style heavy metal/thrash. Fairly different from both their major-label releases. Great stuff, though. Many of would really dig it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:32 am

So Varga has just release part two of their comeback albums—Return of the Metal.

Can't wait for my copy to arrive!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:41 am

I picked up their first album, Prototype, on Eyesore's recommendation, but I couldn't get into it. It had some cool tunes on it, but overall the full album never grabbed me. I ripped it to the computer if I ever decide to revisit it. It's on ebay now if anyone's interested...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201095183905?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I picked up their first album, Prototype, on Eyesore's recommendation, but I couldn't get into it. It had some cool tunes on it, but overall the full album never grabbed me. I ripped it to the computer if I ever decide to revisit it. It's on ebay now if anyone's interested...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201095183905?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Sad 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sad 

Don't be upset. You still have a pretty good track record with your recommendations. You're all over the map with your "likes", but if it's something I'm remotely interested in, it's usually ok.  Cool 

Varga Returns!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Varga Returns!    Varga Returns!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Varga Returns!
Page 1 of 1