Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns

Go down 
+6
kmorg
T-Roy
Stender
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
FlyingV
10 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Empty
PostSubject: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Check out the link below for the tracklisting and other info on the new Place Of Skulls release As A Dog Returns.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/134142

Looks interesting can't wait for the new tunes!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Good news!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Cool. I dig 'em.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

rad. looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

I'll certainly give it a whirl!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 pm

That will be mine!

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 pm

After thinking they may be done this is cool to hear.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Awesome news!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:13 am

I love this band. Can't wait to hear the new one!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 am

I wonder if they are working with Travis Wyrick again? I always found it rather odd that Travis has worked on all the PoS releases, not that it is a bad thing (far from it), but PoS is by far the most non typical band/project he works with.
I will add he has gotten some good raw sounds out from the band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 pm

metalken wrote:
I wonder if they are working with Travis Wyrick again? I always found it rather odd that Travis has worked on all the PoS releases, not that it is a bad thing (far from it), but PoS is by far the most non typical band/project he works with.
I will add he has gotten some good raw sounds out from the band.

I'm hoping they use a different producer to get a fresh sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm interested in this, I was under the impression they were on extended hiatus. So it's great news to see they are still active.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm sitting here with my finger on the trigger (okay, the mouse) about to buy this and "Black is Never" on iTunes. My son got a giftcard for his b-day and we both LOVED "Nailed." I've listened to all the samples and they sound great....like classic PoS.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace!!??
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I'm sitting here with my finger on the trigger (okay, the mouse) about to buy this and "Black is Never" on iTunes. My son got a giftcard for his b-day and we both LOVED "Nailed." I've listened to all the samples and they sound great....like classic PoS.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace!!??

PoS is absolutely fantastic! One of the only DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM bands that I like. The song "Changed Heart" is worth the admission price all by itself and the rest of the album is just as solid. Black is my intro to the band so I do not have the ability to be unbiased about it.

Last edited by jettafiend on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

SOLD! I just bought As a Dog Returns...but then opted to try something new and got Paramaecium - Exhumed of the Earth.

I'm the same as you. I've owned Nailed for years and I like it. But not overall a big fan of doom.....YET! Man this Paramaecium album is totally sick. I didn't know heavy/brutal could be so slow? incredible.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I am not familiar with Paramecium at all so I will check them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Celtic Frost was playing brutal sssslllllooooowwwww back in the 80s, it's not unheard of at all.

High On Fire can also be completely destructive at snail-pace tempos and they aren't a "doom band", they're just a crushingly heavy, METAL band. (no sub genre descriptions required)

most recent album:

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm

nice! Thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns   Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place Of Skulls: As A Dog Returns
Page 1 of 1