Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pagan's Mind - God's Equation

Go down 
+3
7thSecond
GrandNational
Wargod
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:51 pm

well since u did it on the new cd alrwady go to there website and watch the new video as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:11 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
i much prefer PM as well, i just think they write so much more atmospheric music compared to just technical noodeling

Yeah, when it comes to prog in general, I prefer the atmospheric stuff over the noodles.

I guess that's why I love Rush but don't like Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:18 pm

I just ordered my copy from The Laser's Edge.

I see that kmorg has a copy already in his hot hands. Perhaps a mini review??? Please oh please.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 pm

It's good! Cool

short enough? Smile

Actually, I am a little undecided on this one. I mean the musicianship just blows me away, and it is def. the best album is that manner. But I'm not sure that the songs are as good. And this time they have gone lengths to create shorter songs with more hooks, and still I can't remember anything from the album when it is finished. But as I am listening to it, i'm contsantly having a grin on my fave becasue of the awesome playing. Oh, and to scare you a little, they have used the person that mixed Rammstein's albums to mix this one too, and you can hear it!

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I had a feeling from what I have heard from it that it would be different.

enigmatic:calling was not as good as Celestial Entrance in my opinion, so I had a feeling they may stray a little further on this one.

But I am still looking forward to it. Not many bands can play progressive metal like Pagan's Mind. They will ALWAYS be a cut above the rest in my eyes.

Thanks for the info kmorg!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Does The End have this? I want to get this SOON!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:42 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Does The End have this? I want to get this SOON!!!

I checked and I didn't see it there yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks! Who's lazerdiscs? Are they fast? Reliable?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:48 pm

This is my first time using them. I guess I'll find out. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 5:37 pm

http://www.lasercd.com is awesome! It's basically the "parent" company of Sensory Records (home to Redemption, Circus Maximus, Zero Hour, and many others). Ken Golden, the guy who runs the show, is a very cool dude and has a great ear for music. You won't ever be disappointed ordering from them.

In the past year I've placed 13 orders with them for a grand total of $428.30. Yeah, I'd say it's a great site. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
http://www.lasercd.com is awesome! It's basically the "parent" company of Sensory Records (home to Redemption, Circus Maximus, Zero Hour, and many others). Ken Golden, the guy who runs the show, is a very cool dude and has a great ear for music. You won't ever be disappointed ordering from them.

In the past year I've placed 13 orders with them for a grand total of $428.30. Yeah, I'd say it's a great site. Haha.

Thanks for the info eyesore. I just added them to my favorites.

humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Wait a minute! You guys say that Laser's Edge has the new Pagan's Mind? I just went there to try to get it - and it says 0. They have nothing by Pagan's Mind.

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:41 pm

http://www.lasercd.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SPV%20085-79662
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:44 pm

Thanks! When you type in "pagan's mind" in the search - it still says zero. Weird.

Anyway - this is the next cd on my wishlist - I think I might snag it here once my cd budget allows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Got this CD today.

First impression?

I don't care much for it. But I am going to give it repeated spins. Fear not, dear readers. Pagan's Mind is deeper than most bands so I have to pay my undivided attention to it soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:14 am

spectrefate wrote:
Got this CD today.

First impression?

I don't care much for it. But I am going to give it repeated spins. Fear not, dear readers. Pagan's Mind is deeper than most bands so I have to pay my undivided attention to it soon.

How does it compare to "Celestial Entrance"? I love that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:19 am

blackieboy wrote:

That's my favorite as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't compare much at all. They are experimenting ALOT now, and I don't know if I care much for it. I know a band must grow in it sound, but there is a point where it can be too much. I thought enigmatic:calling was a bit dry for following Celestial Entrance, but this new album is even further from the excellency of that second record.
I really think that when they let Thorstein Aaby (R.I.P) go and dropped to only one guitarist, the band really suffered sonically. But of course that may be more than you wanted to read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:27 am

spectrefate wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

That's my favorite as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't compare much at all. They are experimenting ALOT now, and I don't know if I care much for it. I know a band must grow in it sound, but there is a point where it can be too much. I thought enigmatic:calling was a bit dry for following Celestial Entrance, but this new album is even further from the excellency of that second record.
I really think that when they let Thorstein Aaby (R.I.P) go and dropped to only one guitarist, the band really suffered sonically. But of course that may be more than you wanted to read.

I appreciate the rundown. I too, think that "Celestial Entrance" is their masterpiece. I also thought that "Enigmatic: Calling" was a step down. If their new one is even further in that direction - I'll pass on it til 2008. Thanks. Now I'll save my money and buy something else.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:03 am

Well, I bought this from Laser's Edge. Haven't heard it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:54 pm

WOW! I'm blown away by this album. It might well by my album of the year. I can't believe all the negative comments on this one. No offense, but this album OWNS 2007!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:45 pm

If someone needs this album, I may give it up for the right trade. Its a good album, I just don't want to invest the time into trying to like it.

PM if you want to trade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm

I can't believe all the people who don't like this album!!! I'm dumbfounded. No offense to anyone - but this album is magic!!!

It's as if Queensryche had stayed true to their sound on "Rage for Order" and were still playing music like that in the 00s!!!

I can't get enough of this album - excuse me while I go crank it some more!!!! AAAHHH

I just can't get this thing out of any of my stereos (truck, home, etc.)

🤘 🤘 humble humble

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!! THIS ALBUM KILLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
If someone needs this album, I may give it up for the right trade. Its a good album, I just don't want to invest the time into trying to like it.

PM if you want to trade.
You got the special edition?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm

No its the single disc no nipple cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Sorry. I need nipples.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pagan's Mind - God's Equation   Pagan's Mind - God's Equation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pagan's Mind - God's Equation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next