Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Other than Thunder in the East....

Go down 
+20
Thrasher73
ultmetal
nevermore
Gryphon-kl
James B.
Required Fields
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
mc666
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
journeyman
Wurthless
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Other than thunder - Your fave Loudness album from the 80's
Birthday Eve
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Devil Soldier
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Law of Devils Land
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Disillusion
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Lightning Strikes
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 13 ]
Hurricane Eyes
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Jealousy/Slap in the Face [we'll call this one album - was pretty much supposed to be anyways]
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Soldier of Fortune
Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 am

Soldier will always be my favorite Loudness album. Anything with Vescera on it is gold to me.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Thunder In The East or Lightning Strikes. Hurricane Eyes is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The Law of Devil's Land is my favorite Loudness album overall, so it has my vote. Great album!

Ditto. LOVE Speed, In the Mirror and I Wish You Were Here. AWESOME album!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:40 pm

I went with Devil Soldier just because that one needs at least one vote. Love that album.

Back at the time I wasn't a fan of Soldier Of Fortune since one of the things I dug about Loudness was the accented vocals. I've come around on that album over time though.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm

I also dig Soldier Of Fortune and On The Prowl, Viscera is a damn fine vocalist in his own right even if he's no Nihara.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I had On The Prowl on cassette that I found in a used record shop. I've been culling out my cassettes, CDs, and LPS, converting what I want to keep to mp3. There was nothing I wanted off On The Prowl. It consists mostly of re-worked versions of their early tracks and I didn't think they sounded good at all.

I am surprised Lightning Strikes is so far ahead in the voting. It was my choice, but my tastes usually differ from most. I thought Disillusion would run away with the poll.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Law of Devil's Land is my second favorite. That is quite a classic album, very beefy, but I just like to spin Lightening Strikes more.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 am

I still need to hear the first 3 in their entirety. I've only heard a few tunes here and there but did like them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:33 am

Quote :
I had On The Prowl on cassette that I found in a used record shop. I've been culling out my cassettes, CDs, and LPS, converting what I want to keep to mp3. There was nothing I wanted off On The Prowl. It consists mostly of re-worked versions of their early tracks and I didn't think they sounded good at all.

I've had both On the Prowl and Soldier of Fortune (i.e. the two albums w/Vescera on vox) in the past and didn't particularly care for either one so I traded'em off.
I've got nothin' against Vescera as a vocalist, but one of the things I liked about Loudness' '80s stuff was Minoru Niihara's vocals. Yeah, he was not a great singer by any means, his pronunciation was a mess and his English was mangled, but his voice had its own character that made Loudness instantly identifiable. Once Loudness replaced him with Vescera they sounded like any other nothin' special '80s band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:45 am

Probably Soldiers...if I'm choosing from the 80s.

I prefer Heavy Metal Hippies though, that's my favorite Loudness record. But since it's not from the 80s you know, it doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other than Thunder in the East....   Other than Thunder in the East.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other than Thunder in the East....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2