Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Big 4" Show on the East Coast...

Go down 
+12
vanillaviking
metalinmyveins
mc666
powermacho
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
thejokeriv
bassman
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

"Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Empty
PostSubject: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:35 pm

The "Big 4" will be doing an East Coast show at Yankee Stadium (!) in September...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157486

"Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Big4yankee

20 years ago, I'd be on my way to sell a kidney right now to earn $$ for a ticket. Now, I'm like "Pfffft. On a weekday? Whatever." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:39 pm

How many thrash bands use a fender strat? Laughing
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I can guarantee that no guitarist on stage that night will be playing a Strat. It's just not suited for the style.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:15 pm

bassman wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I can guarantee that no guitarist on stage that night will be playing a Strat. It's just not suited for the style.

The pic on the flyer looks like something Eric Clapton would use. (even the same single coil pickups)

Nothin' wrong with fender strats, per se... Dave Murray has a nice one with humbuckers. It just doesn't represent this event visually or soundwise.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:39 pm

James Murphy also has a killer modified fender strat.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:28 am

Keith - I had the same thought - a weeknight? no thanks!!!!!!

Now, if it was on a Saturday, I make the drive up to the see the show!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:10 am

bassman wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

agreed Id think a Fender Strat would be more of a bluesy guitar
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Keith - I had the same thought - a weeknight? no thanks!!!!!!

Now, if it was on a Saturday, I make the drive up to the see the show!!!!!

Not to mention -- Yankee Stadium is just far enough away from me that going to such a show would become a huge undertaking/pain in the ass.

Now if they were doin' this at Giants Stadium, we might be talkin'....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:47 pm

I know Hammett uses ESP, but in the "One" video, that looks like a Strat he's playing...

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm going

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm going

Say Hi to Lars for us. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Seriously...a Wednesday? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:13 pm

very interesting
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm going

Say Hi to Lars for us. Very Happy

hahaha yea no problem

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:28 pm

i bought the dvd of the European show. so really, i've already seen this.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Seriously...a Wednesday? Pffft!

That's what happens when you decide to have the concert in a baseball stadium, during the baseball season.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Debating it. What's wrong with Wednesday? Probably using a vacation day or 2, but still not really up for an early outdoor show in the summer. The difference between seeing Metallica indoors at the Georgia Dome & outside at Turner Field was massive. :flames:
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:40 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I know Hammett uses ESP, but in the "One" video, that looks like a Strat he's playing...

You're right, he did use it in the video.

Oh well... I just thought the artist could have used a more metal looking guitar for the promo flyer. (something like Mustaine's flying V)
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Hopefully I can score tickets to this...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:10 pm

I saw a ton of stadium shows from the mid 70's to my last in 89' (Stones/G-n-R/Living Color in L.A) and they get old pretty quick. Even with the screens...viewing is much to be desired and usually the volume overdoses your senses by the time the "good" bands came on.

Anymore, I'd rather see a club show or maybe an arena show ? Depending on the band. I hope the folks who go have a good time. Maybe the set lists will vary from the Bulgaria DVD. It has been some time since that appened and musicians are supposed to write music sometimes.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

Interesting, but I was pretty sure an East Coast show was going to pop up eventually anyway. I doubt I'll even look for tickets though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

While I would enjoy seeing this show, I'm gonna use the same excuses I use for just about everything these days...

I'm too old, too broke, no babysitter, too far to travel, a weeknight!?! Forget it. "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... 251456

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:34 am

A buddy of mine @ work looked into ticket prices for this gig...they apparently start at $90 for the nosebleed seats, and only get more ridiculous from there.

In other words... pass. Have fun, Wayne.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:46 am

$90 to watch video screens of the live concert?

I can do that in the comfort of my own home with the dvd, sitting in my skivvies and drinking a good beer that I didn't pay $12 for.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Here's a photo shoot that took place before the show on April 23rd, with Ross Halfin behind the lens. It was to recognize the double platinum sales that the Big 4 DVD recently hit. It's cool to see Dave and James so chummy these days. Here's hoping for a Chicago show...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Big 4" Show on the East Coast...   "Big 4" Show on the East Coast... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Big 4" Show on the East Coast...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next