Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2

Go down 
+14
muckie
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Temple of Blood
Glower
kmorg
TheGreatDuck
80s Metal Lady
Required Fields
manny
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Empty
PostSubject: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm

I did not know this but Loudness shot videos for the entire Thunder In The East album.  I don't know any other bands that actually did this, and this must have been insanely expensive to do back in the day.  Well, they released two VHS tapes with the album spread over both and some kind soul on youtube uploaded the whole thing.  I had only ever seen Crazy Nights and Heavy Chains before I stumbled upon this!  

Last edited by Witchfinder on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:35 am

Cool!!! I dig these guys!!!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 am

chewie wrote:
Cool!!! I dig these guys!!!

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 am

I only really remember Crazy Nights but I remember them being pretty good so I'll give this a watch.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 am

Neat-O. Thunder... is one of my favorite 80s metal LPs. I'd heard that they produced vids for the entire album but have never seen them all. Nice find.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 am

Wow!!! I can't think of any other band who has done this.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:27 am

manny wrote:

Neither can I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 am

manny wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Green Jello (aka Green Jelly) released a companion video to their first album that had clips for every song on the record. If memory serves, their original intention was to be the first "video-only band" and not release a record at all, but their label insisted that the material also be released as an album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 am

That's awesome. Thunder In The East is one of mu all time faves. Solid from beginning to end and even better seeing vids for them all.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Neat-O. Thunder... is one of my favorite 80s metal LPs.

Same here! Definitely in my Top 20!
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Green Jello (aka Green Jelly) released a companion video to their first album that had clips for every song on the record. If memory serves, their original intention was to be the first "video-only band" and not release a record at all, but their label insisted that the material also be released as an album.
Queensryche also came pretty close on Mindcrime...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 am

I can't ser the videos, bit if this is just the band performing the songs, then In Flames have done the exact same thing . Can't remember what album it was though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 12:42 pm

I listened to their CD in my car - it's great for September weather.
I saw them open for KISS (?) it was cool - and surprising - then over.
They all looked alike - and dressed alike - black leather - black hair.
AC DC has 'Highway to Hell', 'Hells Bells' - but not " Like Hell "
You do have to smile at the title - even the LP cover art.
"No more hiding in the shadows/Runnin' from the fight
No more cryin' when the wind blows/Howling at the night

What's their 2nd best CD ? Have to buy another.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Quote :

I'm partial to Disillusion from 1984. There are 2 versions of the album, one sung in Japanese, the other in English.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 2:07 pm

QUEENSRYCHE did it for Op:Mc.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 pm

I posted a new link to this as the old one had disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Glower wrote:

Their latest, "The Sun Will Rise Again", absolutely shreds. Best thing they have recorded in many years.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Yeah, I was on ebay, that has almost the same cover art.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:59 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Glower wrote:

Their latest, "The Sun Will Rise Again", absolutely shreds.  Best thing they have recorded in many years.

Agreed. I just got it not too long ago and it kills.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:58 am

I got the US remaster of this album by Wounded Bird Records nearly a decade ago and love it. Glad to see this video material surface!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:37 am

Watching it cranked up right now. Bitchin'!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm

I love this band, and this album in particular.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Cool. I fogot about this. Thanks for the new link, Witchfinder. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm

What do you guys think about Soldier of Fortune with the american guy (Mike Vescera I think is his name)? I actually really like it.
It's cheesy as shit sometimes but when was Loudness known for their thought provoking material?

I would still say Thunder in the East and Disillusion (the Japanese version, never heard the english one) are their best though. On Disillusion you can hear a lot of Van Halen and Rush influence, among other then-contemporary metal. Really raw and energetic stuff. And Akira Takasaki is a talented mofo on guitar.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Wurthless wrote:
What do you guys think about Soldier of Fortune with the american guy (Mike Vescera I think is his name)? I actually really like it.
It's cheesy as shit sometimes but when was Loudness known for their thought provoking material?

I would still say Thunder in the East and Disillusion (the Japanese version, never heard the english one) are their best though. On Disillusion you can hear a lot of Van Halen and Rush influence, among other then-contemporary metal. Really raw and energetic stuff. And Akira Takasaki is a talented mofo on guitar.

You can really hear the Rush influence(especially the guitar sound) on the first few albums. Soldier was actually the second Loudness I had heard (the first being Live-Loud-Alive) because my friend at the time was a huge Loudness fan. I still think Soldier is a very good album with excellent guitar playing .

Now On The Prowl......... that one is a little too slick sounding from what I remember. That is one that I need to re-listen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2    Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loudness - Thunder In The East Vol. 1&2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next