Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better Megadeth Masterpiece

Go down 
+32
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Alex Dee Rokket
Addy
Grimmo
Dark Horseman
DevZor
chilejay7
Spiner202
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Troublezone
exact33
candlemass
jstate
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Required Fields
mc666
akeldama
journeyman
MoonChild
thejokeriv
Boris2008
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is the greater Megadeth album?
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 24 ]
Rust in Peace
Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Hard to choose really,but had to go with Peace Sells.It will always be my fave Deth album with RIP being a close second.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Wondering who's gonna break the tie...affraid
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 pm

I really like Rust in Peace, but Peace Sells is definitely the winner. RiP has the higher highs (the first two tracks, and the last 3), but it also has lows. With the exception of the cover, there isn't a low point on Peace Sells. The Conjuring is pure evil, while My Last Words is a total shredfest. Good Mourning/Black Friday is one of the most ominous songs in existence, and then of course, there's still the anthemic title track. One of the greatest albums of all time!
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 pm

I picked RIP just because I go to it more often, but they are both great, great albums.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm in the same boat as troublezone, rust was my favorite for a long time.  Then, somewhere along the line, peace sells jumped out at me and has become my fav.  It's a had call to make because rust has so much nostalgia attached to it that I want it to be my favorite... But when I'm grabbing a 'Deth album to listen to peace is always my first choice.

So peace sells gets the vote.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 pm

RIP. Man, those riffs are so powerfull, you sing along with them.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:41 am

I voted for Peace Sells. Very tough choice here. I think the title track just nudged that one into being my choice.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:06 am

I think both albums are great but I voted for Rust in Peace that is a great album. Fav tune on that album is Hanger 18 and Dawn Patrol
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 am

Rust in Peace for me - this is an album that holds so much meaning to me. It was an album that cemented my foundation into heavy metal music. It widened my horizons and made me look towards more melodic and technical bands. This was happening around the time I was 16 years old in the late 90s when the metal scene here was almost all dead. I owe a lot to this album for introducing me to a very different side of metal.

Peace Sells came after I had already fell for Rust in Peace. It is a great album but I feel a closer bond to Rust in Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:40 am

Peace Sells. Fond memories of that album. RIP is no slouch either.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Peace Sells is awesome, but I hardly ever listen to it. RIP is my go-to for Megadeth, so I voted for it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:18 am

Looks like RIP is gonna take it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:23 am

If there was only an option for both that would have been my choice
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 am

Rust In Peace

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:07 pm

I gave both of these a fresh spin before voting.  I love them both, but for me it's Peace Sells.  I like superstitious, but if I had a gripe, I think it should have been placed at the end of the album as a bonus track.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Peace Sells! Rust in Peace SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:

SuspectsurprisedaffraidShocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

SuspectsurprisedaffraidShocked

Don't be surprised, Lurideath is an island unto himself...and that island ceased to exist in 1989. Nothing since has been worthy. Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:51 am

Lurideath wrote:
LOL

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:55 am

Peace Sells
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:12 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm surprised Lurideath even likes Peace Sells.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't think RIP sucks, but I do think the "classic lineup" really only had one great album - RIP. All the rest had tons of filler, or were overtly commercial.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 pm

When asked this question on TMS MegaDave voted Peace Sells, which surprised me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Wtf is that supposed to mean??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Megadeth Masterpiece
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next