Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Metal Masterpiece!!!

Go down 
+7
journeyman
candlemass
Thrasher73
mc666
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
11 posters
AuthorMessage

A Metal Masterpiece!!! Empty
PostSubject: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:44 pm

A Metal Masterpiece!!! 61S3HaIoF2L._SS500_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:44 pm

From when I picked this up in the late 80s until today - this remains one of my favorite albums of all time. It's timeless.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:52 pm

Never heard it. But thanks to you, I'm downloading it right now. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:57 pm

I am sure this is in Bronto's top 5.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:04 pm

I love this album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:05 pm

Ya, THUNDERSTEEL's a good'in. One of my friends hooked me up with it a while back when I told him I had never heard any Riot albums. He was stupified. "You... have...NEVER...heard...Riot? Boy, have I got one for you." He wasn't kidding, this one kills!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:46 pm

sadly, it's an often overlooked album.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Its a great album.Still sounds as good today as back then.A Timeless classic for sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
sadly, it's an often overlooked album.

It really is. This is one of those albums I discovered while shopping at the store back in the late 80s with my friends. I was into thrash and power stuff at the time pretty exclusively. I saw the cover and took a chance on it. Man, my friends and I were totally blown away from the get go. A total stick of dynamite here. I think this might be the closest Riot got to thrash (not to say this is a thrash album, but it is speed metal IMO).

Anyway - I had heard of quite a few bands - but this album was underrated back then too. Not any of my friends had this.

"Flight of the Warrior" is my favorite track, but I like them all.

This is also my favorite Riot album to date.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 pm

I think it's solid, but a masterpiece?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks...I'll give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Great album!
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:54 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

HAHA yeah, all 18 RIOT albums are in my top 5!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:36 am

brontotex wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

HAHA yeah, all 18 RIOT albums are in my top 5!

lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:31 am

I have yet to get a Riot CD (yeah, Blasphemy, etc., etc...) but I do have plans to get one. Any suggestions where I should start? The one mentioned here or something else?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:09 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I have yet to get a Riot CD (yeah, Blasphemy, etc., etc...) but I do have plans to get one. Any suggestions where I should start? The one mentioned here or something else?

Start with Fire Down Under. It's all downhill from there. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 am

I got turned on to this album via my time in Trampled Underfoot...the guitarist gave the CD to the bassist & said "Hand that to Shawn...he'll love it..."

He was right. Cool
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:53 am

Seeing this thread has prompted me to pull out my THUNDERSTEEL disc for the first time in a while... listening to it right now!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:57 am

Must dig my copy up and add it to my site! 🤘

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 12:07 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Honestly, I like all their albums to varying degrees. My least favorite would be "Priviledge of Power". However, I would advise you to start with "Thundersteel". It's a metal monster! I've met very few metal folk in my time who didn't agree that it was a gem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Metal Masterpiece!!!   A Metal Masterpiece!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Metal Masterpiece!!!
Page 1 of 1