Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better Megadeth Masterpiece

Go down 
+32
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Alex Dee Rokket
Addy
Grimmo
Dark Horseman
DevZor
chilejay7
Spiner202
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Troublezone
exact33
candlemass
jstate
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
Required Fields
mc666
akeldama
journeyman
MoonChild
thejokeriv
Boris2008
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which is the greater Megadeth album?
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Better Megadeth Masterpiece Vote_lcap47%Better Megadeth Masterpiece Vote_rcap
 47% [ 24 ]
Rust in Peace
Better Megadeth Masterpiece Vote_lcap53%Better Megadeth Masterpiece Vote_rcap
 53% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Better Megadeth Masterpiece Empty
PostSubject: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 pm

So I've been listening to Super Collider quite a bit lately and it got me to missing those old records some. When I went to pop one in, I found I had a hard decision to make: Peace or Rust? Not only are they two of my favorite Deth albums, but they're also considered two of Dave's masterpieces, as well as different from each other in many ways. So which would you consider to be the better album?

I myself have gone with Peace Sells because of...well, The Conjuring just may be the greatest thrash song ever written...but I prefer the attitude and hostile edge this album has over the more technical precision that Rust is known for.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Killing is my Business no doubt, absolute fury trapped in vinyl, but seeing as it's not up there, Peace Sells. I loved the vibe that the original guys had.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Killing is my Business is a great, underrated album (fury is a good word), but yeah just focusing on the highly acclaimed albums. After this poll I should do one of all the "tech thrash" era albums.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Rust In Peace
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Rust in Peace is a classic I agree................ but my vote goes to Peace Sells............. But Who's Buying, it is pure thrill to listen.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Rust In Peace.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:13 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:07 pm

RIP by a large margin, but both albums are the only Megadeth albums I like all the way through.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 pm

I voted for Rust in Peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Rust, cause it gave a birth for the unique sound of Megadave, and it has some serious melody
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Peace Sells by a comfortable margin, Rust In Peace is great and technically precise, but I miss the more off-the-cuff attitude of the first couple albums. It's also because I much prefer the Poland/Samuelson lineup.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Man this one's close.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Peace Sells!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Rust in Peace!

(But my favorite is Countdown to Extinction).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:43 pm

'Rust', it's focused lethality (to quote a Believer song), and I appreciate that there are still cool twists and turns in the songwriting. I love the approach and playing on 'Peace Sells..' but song-wise it does get caught in feces-land some, but then I just described almost every Megadeth album....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 5:53 pm

There's at least one stinker for me on each Deth record. On Peace it was Ain't Superstitious. On Rust it was--some of you may be shocked by this--Five Magics.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:07 pm

I went with Rust In Peace
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Rust In Peace for me.  But over time I'd say the gap between the two for which I like better has narrowed considerably.  It's a closer call than it would've been longer ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Rust In Peace. Better guitar work throughout, I think .
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Peace by a landslide! Never understood all the hype w/Rust...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 pm

The one with Peace in the title Smile

I went for Rust in Peace - just cranks from start to finish and Dave sounds great.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
The one with Peace in the title Smile

I went for Rust in Peace - just cranks from start to finish and Dave sounds great.

Lol this entire time I was using "Peace" as shorthand with no clear indication of specific album title. Me sthupid.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Peace Sells.

For years I used to like RIP the best. But somewhere down the line I began liking Peace Sells more. Plus I think it has Dave's best vocals.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Peace Sells.  RIP is good but Peace Sells has Chris Poland and Gar.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 pm

RIP is my least favorite of the 1st 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Megadeth Masterpiece   Better Megadeth Masterpiece Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Megadeth Masterpiece
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next