Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's better than Andrew W.K. ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Empty
PostSubject: What's better than Andrew W.K. ?   What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Children of Bodom covering She is beautiful.  \'arry \'eadbanger

I picked up Skeletons, Hate Crew, and Chaos Ridden.  

Other than seeing them live, I never paid a whole lot of attention to them.   I've got a lot of catching up to do.  

Not unlike my Kreator and Sodom Binge a few years ago.   

So, 2013, will be filled with a whole lot of new to me stuff from COB.   Right now the spending cash flow has dried up, so barring finding the mystical money tree my parents always asked me about when I was a kid, I'll need to wait a month to continue my COB additions.  

That's all.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What's better than Andrew W.K. ?   What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 am

I dig some CoB, but I've noticed that they are one of those bands that it's cool to hate at the moment. Kind of like Metallica. If you are a tr00 metal fan you have to hate CoB and Metallica. Frankly, I don't understand the hate.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What's better than Andrew W.K. ?   What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I dig some CoB, but I've noticed that they are one of those bands that it's cool to hate at the moment. Kind of like Metallica. If you are a tr00 metal fan you have to hate CoB and Metallica. Frankly, I don't understand the hate.

I feel the same way; the music is technically awesome and intense, full of fiery shit that's built purely off of all the traditional and thrash metal I/we grew up with it. So I'm not sure what the big deal is. They're not even metalcore. They have a razor-sharp delivery that is missing in most of today's music, and the keyboards--something I'm not too fond of in metal music--are actually well-placed. My only complaint is the vocal delivery, as I hate growling/screaming; some melody in the vocal lines would really benefit this talented and very metal band.

Not to mention their badass cover of Aces High. Youtube that shit; it's much better than Arch Enemy's version.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What's better than Andrew W.K. ?   What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:56 pm

A root canal?

PostSubject: Re: What's better than Andrew W.K. ?   What's better than Andrew W.K. ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's better than Andrew W.K. ?
Page 1 of 1