Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay

Go down 
+32
Vexer6
exact33
chewie
candlemass
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
kethdredd
mikeinfla
iamrockerfun
EmoElmo
cruedevil71
Addy
GrandNational
Sutekh
Troublezone
bgsully
Metal Misfit
corplhicks
shamgar75
JBall_Z
Big Rich
jettafiend
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
James B.
BillRoxx
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
After one full spin of NMHTP I just have to say....wow. Shocked 

It's really, really good...I don't know why I'm surprised cuz Stryper used to be a fave of mine and it's no secret that Michael Sweet is one of my biggest vocal influences early on...but I am surprised by how good this actually is and how much I enjoyed it after just ONE spin.
i am really surprised too. I thought Murder By Pride was eh but this is really good.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Excellent album and only ONE ballad this time around. It's even a good ballad, though it heavily borrows from one of Micheal's old solo songs, "Blue Bleeds Through".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Excellent album and only ONE ballad this time around. It's even a good ballad, though it heavily borrows from one of Micheal's old solo songs, "Blue Bleeds Through".

That ballad really suprised me. IMO, Stryper's weakness has always been their ballads (except for Lady)......but I love this one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Whatever...."First Love" is awesome!! As is "Lonely"...

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I like Stryper's ballads, I just don't want a whole album of them. "Together As One" was my wedding song actually (even though I tried to convince my wife to use "Love Me Like a Reptile" by Motorhead. Haha!)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like Stryper's ballads, I just don't want a whole album of them. "Together As One" was my wedding song actually (even though I tried to convince my wife to use "Love Me Like a Reptile" by Motorhead. Haha!)

lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:17 pm

bgsully wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

That ballad really suprised me. IMO, Stryper's weakness has always been their ballads (except for Lady)......but I love this one.

+10
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:35 am

Normally I love ballads(Warrant's "Heaven" and "Sometimes She Cries" are big time guilty pleasures of mine) but Stryper's are too sappy even for my tastes, "Honestly" is sickeningly sweet almost to the point of inducing diabetic shock.

If I were choosing a wedding song, i'd pick something like say Kiss "Forever" or Firehouse "When I Look Into Your Eyes"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:59 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Normally I love ballads(Warrant's "Heaven" and "Sometimes She Cries" are big time guilty pleasures of mine) but Stryper's are too sappy even for my tastes, "Honestly" is sickeningly sweet almost to the point of inducing diabetic shock.

Because the keyboards are wet and soggy as Sponge Bob and they simply ramble without going anywhere. And they're horribly lazy in composition and lack any originality. I've always had this feeling that Stryper wrote them out of sheer obligation.

AOR, Rock, and Metal ballads were my world at 16. Stryper's, not so much.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:05 am

corplhicks wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Because the keyboards are wet and soggy as Sponge Bob and they simply ramble without going anywhere. And they're horribly lazy in composition and lack any originality. I've always had this feeling that Stryper wrote them out of sheer obligation.

AOR, Rock, and Metal ballads were my world at 16. Stryper's, not so much.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm

As bgsully said, Lady is a huge exception. Than again, that whole album was like a different band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Against the Law is still my fave Stryper record (keeping in mind that I haven't heard the new one yet)... it's certainly the one that's aged most gracefully from their early catalog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 pm

"Lady" is a great tune, ballad or not !

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Against the Law is still my fave Stryper record (keeping in mind that I haven't heard the new one yet)... it's certainly the one that's aged most gracefully from their early catalog.

TBH other than the latest record which is intense as hell, ATL is the only Stryper album I can stand (and I do declare it is a helluva package). There are moments on Soldiers, two songs on Yellow/Black, one on Hell with the Devil (and it's not the title track), and zero on God we Trust.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:02 pm

ATL is hands down my favorite of theirs. It has my favorite Stryper tune: "All For One." I like SUC a lot, as well. The others are fine, but I can live without them. Like what I've heard from the new one, though.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 pm

As a long term fan, I rate the new album very highly. It has the ATL attitude, some SUC heaviness and more consistency in quality through the tracks. it's as good as they've ever been, and the first post-reunion album to fully deliver.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Some Stryper news:

Michael Sweet will launch his latest solo album, I’m Not Your Suicide, on May 5 – and he’ll release his autobiography at the same time.

The Stryper frontman’s 12-track album features guest appearances from Whitesnake guitarist Doug Aldrich, Chickenfoot stand-in drummer Kenny Aronoff, Fozzy mainman Chris Jericho, TNT singer Tony Harnell, Sweet’s brother Robert and his Stryper bandmate Timothy Gaines.

Sweet has been busy recently, working with Dokken offshoot T&N and recording then releasing latest Stryper album No More Hell To Pay. But he’s not finished yet.

The vocalist says of his book Honestly: “It was much more difficult than I could ever imagine yet it’s been somewhat therapeutic. I get into everything and share things that may surprise you.

“I talk about the dysfunction in this band, why we were driven to bankruptcy and how we climbed our way back from complete loss and despair. I share my personal pain from the day I broke the news that I would be leaving the band.

“I had everything a man could ask for – and then, in what seemed like an instant, it was all taken away.”

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Geez. Stryper released two albums in 2013, now Mike's got a solo record, his book, his work with T&N, and (according to Stryper's FB page) a Stryper live album on the way in 2014. When does this guy sleep? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 5:19 pm

I must be the only one that is not crazy about NO MORE HELL TO PAY. I bought it on cd+dvd version but to me the songs are not amazing or anything special. Okay, its great you can not find modern influences on this cd but i think the songs are a little boring, without catchy parts. I must be the only one thinking like this after reading your opinions. It even didnt get into my top 20 from 2013. Not a bad album but not a killer one either imo.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm

krokus wrote:
I must be the only one that is not crazy about NO MORE HELL TO PAY. I bought it on cd+dvd version but to me the songs are not amazing or anything special. Okay, its great you can not find modern influences on this cd but i think the songs are a little boring, without catchy parts. I must be the only one thinking like this after reading your opinions. It even didnt get into my top 20 from 2013. Not a bad album but not a killer one either imo.

No catchy parts? Did you forget to push play on the CD?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:33 pm

krokus wrote:
It hasn't really hit with me either. Same with the last one. Not sure why.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

No catchy parts? Did you forget to push play on the CD?

The songs just dont catch me, they dont grap me by the balls. I dont remember the songs after listening to them. I even like the album before more, at least some songs were better. Maybe i have to listen to the new album more times but after 3 times i am not happy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
krokus wrote:
It hasn't really hit with me either. Same with the last one. Not sure why.

Nice to read i am not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm

They were supposed to play Uncasville CT on the 3rd it got rescheduled.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next