Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay

Go down 
+32
Vexer6
exact33
chewie
candlemass
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
kethdredd
mikeinfla
iamrockerfun
EmoElmo
cruedevil71
Addy
GrandNational
Sutekh
Troublezone
bgsully
Metal Misfit
corplhicks
shamgar75
JBall_Z
Big Rich
jettafiend
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
James B.
BillRoxx
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:12 pm

It's official! The new record, "No More Hell To Pay", is completed and the track listing is:

Revelation - (New)
No More Hell To Pay - (New)
Saved By Love - (New)
Jesus Is Just Alright - (Cover)
The One - (New)
Legacy - (New)
Marching Into Battle - (New)
Te Amo - (New)
Sticks & Stones - (New)
Water Into Wine - (New)
Sympathy - (New)
Renewed - (New)

We could not be more excited to release this record later this year with @FrontiersRec! Release date coming soon.......

(Taken from their official facebook page)
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:14 pm

yippie

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:05 am

Doggone it, I haven't even gotten around to picking up "Second Coming" yet, and they've gotta new one in the can already? I'm falling behind!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:11 am

Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:45 am

Well...The Covering was good....Second Coming was good...so they are on a roll. Hope it's more metal sounding than modern hard rock. Something consistant is my hope though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:53 am

Looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:17 am

Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:58 am

It will be mine! Stryper's on a roll!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Right on! Looking forward to it. Hopefully the covers album and re-recording songs from the first three albums will spark something in them and we'll get an album that truly sounds like Stryper without sounding dated.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm

I also hope Robert doesn't overplay

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:13 pm

The winner of the "most obvious cover song choice ever" award goes to Stryper doing "Jesus Is Just Alright".

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Quote :
Toby Mckeehan says, "Music is our tool. Our MESSAGE is CHRIST." (The Birmingham News, Aug. 9, 1996 p.2H) Remember that last statement — "Our message is CHRIST".

On their album "Free At Last", they do a cover of the Doobie Brother's song (in case you don't know — a "doobie" is a marijuana joint) "Jesus is Just Alright".(to DC Talk Jesus is "still alright") Webster defines "all right" as 1) well enough 2) satisfactory (Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1977 p. 31) Listen to it.

Let's get something straight dc Talk! Jesus Christ is not "alright"! Jesus Christ is NOT 1) well enough 2) and satisfactory! Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings!

\'arry \'eadbanger insane Stryper - No More Hell To Pay 811939
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Quote :
On their album "Free At Last", they do a cover of the Doobie Brother's song (in case you don't know — a "doobie" is a marijuana joint)

"Which Doobie you be?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Quote :
Toby Mckeehan says, "Music is our tool. Our MESSAGE is CHRIST." (The Birmingham News, Aug. 9, 1996 p.2H) Remember that last statement — "Our message is CHRIST".

On their album "Free At Last", they do a cover of the Doobie Brother's song (in case you don't know — a "doobie" is a marijuana joint) "Jesus is Just Alright".(to DC Talk Jesus is "still alright") Webster defines "all right" as 1) well enough 2) satisfactory (Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, 1977 p. 31) Listen to it.

Let's get something straight dc Talk! Jesus Christ is not "alright"! Jesus Christ is NOT 1) well enough 2) and satisfactory! Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings!

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay 778825 Stryper - No More Hell To Pay 472591 Stryper - No More Hell To Pay 811939

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay 25679

I hope that they add that funk vibe that they used on Shining Star!

I am looking forward to this release in a big way.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm

Quote :
Well...The Covering was good....Second Coming was good...so they are on a roll. Hope it's more metal sounding than modern hard rock. Something consistant is my hope though.

This is just reworking songs though, the last two albums of original has been a little meh. I do like Blackened off the Second Coming though.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:45 pm

For all you guys hoping for a return to the good old days, that ain't happening. I would expect it to sound much like the two new songs on Second Coming. Michael said the album will be darker ccmpared to most Stryper tunes.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am

But that's the thing, the two new songs on Second Coming (esp "Blackened") sound closer to classic Stryper than anything they've recorded in a while, without sounding completely dated.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Yep, that's what i'm hoping for.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
The winner of the "most obvious cover song choice ever" award goes to Stryper doing "Jesus Is Just Alright".

Ha! Yes, but it is a cool song. Looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm excited about this
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am

Sample are here....

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:35 pm

Wow.

What the F*ck just happened.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Samples sound good. Really looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Sounds good to me - nice to finally have an album full of new Stryper tunes
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I am definitely getting this. Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next