Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay

Go down 
+32
Vexer6
exact33
chewie
candlemass
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
kethdredd
mikeinfla
iamrockerfun
EmoElmo
cruedevil71
Addy
GrandNational
Sutekh
Troublezone
bgsully
Metal Misfit
corplhicks
shamgar75
JBall_Z
Big Rich
jettafiend
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
James B.
BillRoxx
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Holy crap!
No pun intended. This is the bands best release ever, hands down, imho. Its the way I wanted them to sound ever since I was 14. They keep getting better with age, a rarity with bands in general.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Very Good album, pleasantly surprised by the band's rejuvenated effort to capture their classic vibe

BUT

Anybody here noticed the shoddy production quality? it sounds waay  ''too digital'' (if u know what I meant)

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:56 am

already played once, just average after one spin.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 am

I'm looking forward to it. I've always like Stryper better than Bloodgood but I'm more excited about the new Bloodgood after hearing Lamb Of God.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm

One of the best albums of the year.

"Revelation" is epic, so is "The One". Other favorites:  "No More Hell to Pay", "Saved By Love", "Legacy", "Te Amo", "Sticks and Stones", "Renewed"... pretty much the whole album! Razz

Michael puts in an amazing vocal performance throughout the entire album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

It is a strong album for sure. Personally I still get a little Michael Sweet solo vibes here and there, but for the most part, this is a classic Stryper sounding album.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/11/04/stryper-sympathy-video-premiere-exclusive/3431733/
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm really enjoying it, much better then the last two non cover albums. Elements of Soldiers with some more modern sounds.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm really enjoying it, much better then the last two non cover albums. Elements of Soldiers with some more modern sounds.
Same here. I don't get the THWTD comparisons at all.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Just got it today!  I'm loving this album!  \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Very happy to read the excellent reviews for this album.  I pre-ordered it from Amazon a month ago.  My physical copy should be in my mailbox on Friday and I'm downloading my Auto Rip right now.  Can't wait to give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 pm

That video is weird...Michael acts like he's on stage and is full on energy...Oz just stands there like he'd rather be somewhere else and he & Tim don't even attempt to mime the backing vocals. Even Robert seems sort of listless.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm hoping to pick this up soon.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Great album! Easily their best since Against The Law
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Preordered this one through Amazon. Unfortunately, Auto Rip is not available for us Aussies, so I'll have to be patient. Crying or Very sad The reviews on it so far are excellent across the board!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Found a copy yesterday in Wal-Mart. It's really good!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Wal Mart huh? That's cool.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 am

Great lp! A return to the classic sound, but not a return to the 80's vibe, nice touch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Wal Mart huh? That's cool.
That's where I procured mine for a 10 spot

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Nice to see them doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm

The album debuted at 35 in the Billboard Top 200. Not bad going for a band some are quick to write off as an "80s hair metal" band (I hate that term!).
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Sutekh wrote:
The album debuted at 35 in the Billboard Top 200. Not bad going for a band some are quick to write off as an "80s hair metal" band (I hate that term!).
I prefer "80s bald metal" bands like, uh.......

I hate that term as well.

That would be like saying "70s hair rock" bands and that would be pretty much all of them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:08 pm

well i got the album from Amazon and I have to say i am pretty impressed. I kinda wrote it off after the covering but this is actually quite good.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 am

After one full spin of NMHTP I just have to say....wow. Shocked 

It's really, really good...I don't know why I'm surprised cuz Stryper used to be a fave of mine and it's no secret that Michael Sweet is one of my biggest vocal influences early on...but I am surprised by how good this actually is and how much I enjoyed it after just ONE spin.

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - No More Hell To Pay   Stryper - No More Hell To Pay - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - No More Hell To Pay
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next