Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)

Go down 
+5
Shawn Of Fire
Wargod
James B.
Eyesore
kethdredd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Empty
PostSubject: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Yet another Portnoy project. I'm usually pretty skeptical of "supergroups" but the single sounds pretty good to me. Album comes out July 23.

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Another video.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:30 pm

We've been discussing it here:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t16435-portnoy-starts-up-another-new-band?highlight=portnoy

But yeah, sounds really good so far. Like I said in that other thread, I'm glad he left Dream Theater because he's been involved with so many great projects since leaving (or being fired). It's doubtful he'd have been able to do all of them while still in the band.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t16435-portnoy-starts-up-another-new-band?highlight=portnoy

But yeah, sounds really good so far. Like I said in that other thread, I'm glad he left Dream Theater because he's been involved with so many great projects since leaving (or being fired). It's doubtful he'd have been able to do all of them while still in the band.

yeppers, this stuff is way more interesting than Dream Theater.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Looking forward to this!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:47 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I do love Dream Theater, and the last album without him was quite good, so it him not being in the band works for me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:29 am

I've said this before, but the stuff I've heard so far from The Winery Dogs sounds very much like the music they put out when Kotzen was in Mr. Big...not surprising, since basically this is half of Mr. Big itself...

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:34 am

Interesting. I never knew Kotzen was in Mr Big. I think I like his voice better than Eric Martin's.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

I know he does, I enjoy some Mr. Big but the vocals were bland.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:03 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Interesting. I never knew Kotzen was in Mr Big. I think I like his voice better than Eric Martin's.

Kotzen joined the band briefly (and for 2 albums) when Paul Gilbert jumped ship to resurrect Racer X.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

????

Eric Martin is one of the best vocalists of the era...the dude is fantastic!

Different strokes, I guess...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I do love Dream Theater, and the last album without him was quite good, so it him not being in the band works for me. Haha.

Agree - I am really looking forward to hearing what they come up with now that Mike Mangina is part of the writing process.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

????

Eric Martin is one of the best vocalists of the era...the dude is fantastic!

Different strokes, I guess...

Yeah, I've always dug Eric Martins voice, he reminds me a bit of Steve Marriott.

First song I heard by EM:

back to the Winery Dogs.. sounds killer!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am

New album coming Oct. 2nd.

The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Thewinerydogshotstreakcd

"Hot Streak" track listing:

01. Oblivion
02. Captain Love
03. Hot Streak
04. How Long
05. Empire
06. Fire
07. Ghost Town
08. The Bridge
09. War Machine
10. Spiral
11. Devil You Know
12. Think It Over

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 am

I never warmed up to their first one, so I think one will get a pass from me.

PostSubject: Re: The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)   The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Winery Dogs (Kotzen, Sheehan, Portnoy)
Page 1 of 1